Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?

Go down 
+18
CRIMSONMASK
Short-Fuse
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
joe_metal
Shawn Of Fire
corplhicks
Required Fields
Glower
mc666
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
metalheaded
TheGreatDuck
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best Grimmett works?
Grim Reaper
Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 20 ]
Onslaught
Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Lionsheart
Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Grimmstine
Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
other
Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 am

Glower wrote:
Wow ! This is a cool banter - I like it ! The metal essentials LOL -
Can someone post a youtube Onslaught song that they think is good ?
Or the best Lionheart song ? - I'd love to check it out - see if it's worth buying !
" Search For Sanity " sounds like 'they' picked the appropriate title for the project that year -

By the way, the band's name is Lionsheart (note the s) - there is another band called Lionheart and I didn't want you to buy the wrong stuff!

Here's one of my favorite Lionsheart tracks:

Here's some Onslaught tracks for you:

Speedy:

Epic:

Shameless plug - I reviewed the Onslaught on my blog three years ago: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2011/06/reapers-onslaught.html
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:37 am

Some other Onslaught records

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Glower wrote:
Wow ! This is a cool banter - I like it ! The metal essentials LOL -
Can someone post a youtube Onslaught song that they think is good ?
Or the best Lionheart song ? - I'd love to check it out - see if it's worth buying !
" Search For Sanity " sounds like 'they' picked the appropriate title for the project that year -

By the way, the band's name is Lionsheart (note the s) - there is another band called Lionheart and I didn't want you to buy the wrong stuff!

Here's one of my favorite Lionsheart tracks:

Here's some Onslaught tracks for you:

Speedy:

Epic:

Shameless plug - I reviewed the Onslaught on my blog three years ago: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2011/06/reapers-onslaught.html

Welcome to Dying is my favorite Onslaught song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 am

Steve Grimmett is a great singer!!

Metal novice
Metal novice
joe_metal

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 am

He's that guy from that Grim Reaper video, right? Very Happy How embarassing, thanks God the '80s are gone...Such an embarrassing and shitty era for metal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am

joe_metal wrote:
He's that guy from that Grim Reaper video, right? Very Happy How embarassing, thanks God the '80s are gone...Such an embarrassing and shitty era for metal.

Wow. You're intent on making friends wherever you go around here aren't you? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 am

I pulled my copy of The Best of Grim Reaper out of mothballs last night to give me a refresher on Mr. Grimmett's vocal prowess. Never game him much thought honestly. I'll have to come back later with an opinion on this one. You can all shimmy up to the edge of your seats in anticipation.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Playing some Grim Reaper today at lunch and I will say that Grimmett's vocals are quite outstanding. My only guess is that he made the mistake of being both fat and ugly in the salad days of MTV when heavy rotation could make or break a band, despite talent.

Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Saying Grimmett was a bad thrash singer that didn't fit the "thrash" style is ludicrous! Paradox, Anthrax and to some small extent Holy Terror are all examples of thrash with terrific "clean" singing.How can anyone not consider this song an undeniable classic?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 pm

No offense, Shorty. But that particular song, to me anyways, would be classic traditional [real] Power Metal ala Metal Church - Metal Church or Metallica - Master of Puppets. There are VERY few EPIC thrash songs.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

His finest moment:

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:51 am

I've always liked Chateaux, had no idea that it featured Grimmett who I liked from Grim Reaper. Makes sense now when I listen, thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
His finest moment:

I loved that commercial,combining 2 of my favorite things : metal music and a giant japanese superhero vs a daikaiju.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 am

I just bought " In Search Of Sanity " for myself - early Christmas gift santa
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Onslaught rules.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Only familiar with Grim Reaper - See you in Hell. Had it on vinyl back when it was a new release. Thought it was good. No idea the singer continued on.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:31 pm

Grim Reaper by far!! To me they are one of the greatest bands to ever exist.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 6:05 am

Had to revisit this Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 395375
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?   Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Grimmett - underappreciated vox?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2