Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'll say it again

Go down 
+20
ElectricEye93
Glower
mc666
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
exact33
metalhead777
corplhicks
Citanul
Hadley
MetalRob331
BearOnUnicycle
assault_attack
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

I'll say it again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:20 am

I tend to enjoy power metal bands with strong traditional metal elements like Manowar and Hammerfall. The more "pure" power metal the band is the less likely I am to like them, each to their own.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:58 am

metalhead777 wrote:
Despite being a fan of the genre, I'd call myself a fan of the genre only when done well.  As a whole I find it to be a genre more based around vocal melodies and hooks rather than being heavy and riff based. I'd almost call it the pop music of the metal world; and in that regard to be successful requires the ability to not only write catchy/interesting songs but to do so on a regular basis. Given that, I find few bands that I can say I feel really do that. Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Edge of Sanity, and Stratovarius are the only ones that come to mind right now; and despite my previous statement that I'm a huge fan of the genre, I've found myself fawning over these bands and very, very few others for the past 4-5 years or so.

Aren't Edge of Sanity a death metal band? scratch 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Was pretty sure I made it clear that I was not rippin', DB.  And everyone here is right.  I would think it silly if someone said all thrash sounded alike.  So, I can relate.

I know YOU weren't rippin' Sax, I was talking about ToB.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Helloween and Gamma Ray yes, otherwise the rest are mostly wannabe's without a proper focus.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Isn't Brainstorm German?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Painkiller wrote:
A few European power metal bands that I'd recommend are Scanner, Cloven Hoof (with Russ North), Thundersteel, Attack, Warrant, Iron Angel, Grave Digger (early stuff), Running Wild, and Mania.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Eh. There are countless amazing Euro power metal bands out there. And there are countless turds. Like every genre.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eh. There are countless amazing Euro power metal bands out there. And there are countless turds. Like every genre.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll say it again   I'll say it again - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll say it again
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: