Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ted's New Song

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
DallasBlack
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
manny
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 am

Let's hope this thread doesn't get locked like the last one!  lol! 

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:59 am

That banter in the beginning is cornball. The song's ok I guess.

I haven't bought a new Nugent album since Craveman and that trend is likely to continue. Just too much other stuff I'd rather hear. If I need a fix, I can always go back to my Essential Ted collection.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:24 am

I'll stick with this version of Ted!  Very Happy 

Anyone want to go on a journey to the centre of Ted's mind?

Nah, me neither!!  lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:17 pm

An Uncle Ted thread?

Ted's New Song Michae10
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Not bad, not one of his best by any stretch. Reminds me of some of the stuff on Intensities. Hopefully this isn't one of the best tracks on the albums because it doesn't come close to the intensity of newer songs like Crave, Rawdogs Warhogs, Love Grenade, Still Raising Hell, etc.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm

I am Nugent fan, but this sounds like one of these generic Nugent tunes from his more uninspired discs. Too bad because he had been on a winning streak creatively speaking for a few years now
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Anyone want to go on a journey to the centre of Ted's mind?

Ha, nope...but the Amboy Dukes are about the only Nugent I will listen to. I've only got the tunes on Nuggets, but they rule.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 2:46 am

It's OK, but not great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

That song's not too bad, I guess. I like most of Nugent's music but he's just not an artist that I've ever had the urge to start collecting. There's just too much more material from other bands out there I'd rather have first.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:18 am

007 wrote:
That song's not too bad, I guess. I like most of Nugent's music but he's just not an artist that I've ever had the urge to start collecting. There's just too much more material from other bands out there I'd rather have first.

That describes me, as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:42 am

007 wrote:

Ted's a 'greatest hits' artist for me. The 2-disc essential collection and a 'Best of the Amboy Dukes' pretty much fills my quota. Craveman I think I got free as a promo disc from work. Every so often, I'll think about getting some of his classic 70's era stuff, but I never have.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Ted's a 'greatest hits' artist for me. The 2-disc essential collection and a 'Best of the Amboy Dukes' pretty much fills my quota. Craveman I think I got free as a promo disc from work. Every so often, I'll think about getting some of his classic 70's era stuff, but I never have.

I'm the same way about Ted. I have a greatest hits and one of those multi-album CD collections. That's about all I need or want.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 am

I get my Ted jams from the used bin.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
I get my Ted jams from the used bin.

Actually, that's where I got my best of CD.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 5:28 pm

The new song is pretty good...I think Sammy Hagar makes the song more than Ted but ted still plays fantastic guitar...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 5:58 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
The new song is pretty good...I think Sammy Hagar makes the song more than Ted but ted still plays fantastic guitar...

I've always thought Ted should shut up and play guitar; leave the vox to someone else.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 6:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

I've always thought Ted should shut up and play guitar; leave the vox to someone else.

You know, that's probably why I'm not a huge fan of Ted's music. With a better vocalist I'd probably enjoy it more. That's what I liked most about Damn Yankees. You had Nugent's amazing solos but the great singing abilities of Shaw and Blades. Though I'm sure DY was too weak and polished for a lot of people while Teds solo stuff was more raw.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:55 am

I got about halfway into this and just kind of went into a "meh" coma over it. I mean, the ingredients are there, but it doesn't feel like a song. It feels like a strong vocal track with some well-played but not entirely complementary guitar noodling placed behind it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

While IMO his best vocalist was Derek St Holmes, followed by Meat Loaf, I never minded Nugent's voice, it has a character of its own
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:19 am

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

While IMO his best vocalist was Derek St Holmes, followed by Meat Loaf, I never minded Nugent's voice, it has a character of its own
Yeah I really miss Derek, Ted's voice is alright, though sometimes i'd prefer if he'd get someone else to do the vocals.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:59 am

It's okay. Sounds like he's getting a bit tired, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:15 am

I'd like to see Brian Howe return on vocals, it's a shame he was only with Nugent for a short time.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:16 am

Vexer6 wrote:
manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Yeah I really miss Derek, Ted's voice is alright, though sometimes i'd prefer if he'd get someone else to do the vocals.

I believe Derek is going to be on this album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Another new tune...

Eh, better than the last one I guess. I dunno, doesn't do much for me. Your mileage may vary.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I actually quite like that song. I still don't like Ted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ted's New Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted's New Song   Ted's New Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ted's New Song
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next