Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!

Go down 
+3
KissinMaiden
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 pm

http://www.myspace.com/loudlion

Listen to "Love Will Break Your Heart" and "Die Tuff." Tell me this band didn't blatantly steal from Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and "Love Bites." I mean, the breakdown in "Love Will Break Your Heart" is nearly identical to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," the Hey! parts sound sampled! "Die Tuff" not only follows the same structure of "Love Bites," it has the same delay on the guitars and it has that robotic voice! Unreal!

And the name...Loud Lion...Def Leppard (Deaf Leopard). Hello!?!?

Could this have all been intentional, though? "Love Will Break Your Heart" was in the movie Balls of Fury, and I know the guy in the previews was wearing a Def Leppard shirt.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37668

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Looks and sounds intentional to me. Though the band would probably prefer to be called an "homage" than a "ripoff."
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks and sounds intentional to me. Though the band would probably prefer to be called an "homage" than a "ripoff."

I agree. Afterall, as you said they ARE called Loud Lion. Smile Looks like a goofy side project for members of various bands ala Skrapp Mettle or Dudes of Wrath.

Thanks for the link though. I happen to like it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 pm

When asking around about this blatant rip-off, asking also if it was done on purpose, I found out this info:

Quote :
Yes, this was very intentional. Loudlion's a project of bleu, who set out to do a "Mutt-era tribute to Def Lep," only writing and playing original songs inspired by the classic Mutt sound, along with members of Rooney, The Donnas, Andrew WK and Bang Camaro. He's also behind the E.L.O. tribute band, L.E.O..
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 am

haha DL worship, not too bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:18 am

KissinMaiden wrote:
haha DL worship, not too bad.
It's much better knowing it was intentional. Haha.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/loudlion

Listen to "Love Will Break Your Heart" and "Die Tuff." Tell me this band didn't blatantly steal from Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and "Love Bites." I mean, the breakdown in "Love Will Break Your Heart" is nearly identical to "Pour Some Sugar On Me," the Hey! parts sound sampled! "Die Tuff" not only follows the same structure of "Love Bites," it has the same delay on the guitars and it has that robotic voice! Unreal!

And the name...Loud Lion...Def Leppard (Deaf Leopard). Hello!?!?

Could this have all been intentional, though? "Love Will Break Your Heart" was in the movie Balls of Fury, and I know the guy in the previews was wearing a Def Leppard shirt.

No doubt, these guys are Def Leppard clones. They could've at least copied something from Def Leppard's first 3 albums. What they hell were they thinking? I actually think the song "Love Will Break Your Heart" sounds like "I Wanna Touch You".

And people gave Kingdom Come a tough time...good thing this band never made it big.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Read on. It was done intentionally. They even covered DL on the soundtrack to Balls of Fury.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Read on. It was done intentionally. They even covered DL on the soundtrack to Balls of Fury.

Yes, I guess it would've helped had I read on. I remember a Def Leppard song in "Balls of Fury", but I forgot which song was played.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 pm

Petra has a blatant DL rip off too - I think it's i am on the rock that is a rip off of pour some sugar on me. Also, seen and not heard by perta is a ripoff of heaven's on fire by KISS
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 pm

No one picked up on the ripoff opening riff from (LoudLion's Theme Song)? It's a lot like AC/DC's ThunderStruck!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Still waiting on a full album from these guys... They can give us what Joe and the rest won't.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:17 pm

This band is pure ripoff.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Yeah I've heard these guys before.Its definitely intentional.Not bad though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!   Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can A Rip-Off Be Any More Blatant? Wow!
Page 1 of 1