Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Releases Summer 2014

Go down 
+17
Thrasher73
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
DallasBlack
nevermore
thejokeriv
rajah
corplhicks
Lurideath
DakotaRogers
glassprison
choosemetal
ultmetal
onrypt
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Downset - TBA
Madball - Hardcore Lives

I had no idea Downset still put out music. I had the first 2 back in the day. I don't really think I could listen to that style much now, but as a teenager "Anger" and "Pocket Full of Fat Caps" really got me fired up.

Madball...I will probably give this a listen. I don't think I've bought a record since Look My Way. But they could be a fun band to revisit.

I'm not holding my breath for a new Downset album. They'd been broken up for years but reformed last year or so. I guess some of the original members asked all the other original members to reform and many refused, including Rey, the singer. So they recruited some new guys, including a new singer. They released a really good single, did some tours, but then maybe they were doing too well. A few months back the other original members, including Rey, reformed and started booking shows.

So who knows what'll happen. The version of the band with the new singer basically said they wouldn't compete with the other version, which sucks because they were the Downset planning a new album! =( So we'll see.

Here is that one new song they released (this upload doesn't sound great, though):

And here is a new Madball video. They're still awesome!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:34 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I like Opeth, but I only have their first three at this point.

The Opeth now is quite different from the first 3 and some of the proceeding ones. All death metal influence has been removed and the progressiveness has taken over. Nothing wrong with that, but the last one I heard was a little too hard for me to get into. Not easy to find something so proggy as to be too much for even a prog fan like me. That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:08 am

Wovenwar's debut finally has a release date: August 5th. Don't know if I'm going to pre-order it yet.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 4:07 am

Madball are easily my favorite hardcore band nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 9:21 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Madball are easily my favorite hardcore band nowadays.

They're so good. Especially now that they have Woody Harrelson on vocals.

New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Madballbornstrongvid_638
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

The Opeth now is quite different from the first 3 and some of the proceeding ones. All death metal influence has been removed and the progressiveness has taken over. Nothing wrong with that, but the last one I heard was a little too hard for me to get into. Not easy to find something so proggy as to be too much for even a prog fan like me. That's just me though.

I've been surprised to hear the prog lite side of Opeth too, but I gotta say I actually prefer it. It's really well-written material that draws from a lot of unconventional points of inspiration. The leaked track has a U2-Smiths hybrid that I REALLY dig. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:49 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I got into Opeth with Blackwater Park and absolutely LOVED Damnation (saw them live touring it). Their version of "prog" kind of irks me because it does what all modern prog bands seem to have a chubby for doing: it thinks that what made the old prog bands what they were was absurd playing chops and weird time signatures. Yeah, they did that stuff, but they also had SONGS and I haven't been hearing a lot of really amazing songs from Opeth since they started pushing hard in this direction (though, being fair, I haven't spent a TON of time with their last two albums, so maybe they're growers).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:52 pm

here's my favourite album for 2014 so far:

battleaxe - heavy metal sanctuary

if you haven't picked this one up yet, you should.

excellent speed metal masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Releases Summer 2014   New Releases Summer 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Releases Summer 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2