Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wolf - Devil Seed

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
exact33
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Wolf just posted this on their Facebook page:

"Sweden's pack of Heavy Metal stalwarts, WOLF return with their seventh studio album entitled simply, Devil Seed. This time around, the wolves have teamed up with Jens Bogren (Kreator, Paradise Lost, Opeth) over at Fascination Street Studios and have delivered not only a heavy sounding release but also one chock full of clarity and complexity. With cover artwork being created once again by legendary designer Thomas Holm (Mercyful Fate, King Diamond), all the elements are aligned for this fierce slab of pure Heavy Metal mayhem.

WOLF has been one of the leading bands within the classic Heavy Metal scene since their inception in 1995, and with releases such as Black Wings (2002) and Evil Star (2004), WOLF has helped paved the way for a new generation of bands whom are influenced by the sounds of the legendary Metal bands of the past. Fans will be pleased to hear that WOLF is not only still true to their musical ideal, but deliver a fresh and unique take on the sound that is their unmistakable trademark.

"I haven't been this pleased with the songs on a WOLF album since the release of Black Wings, which scored 10/10 in Rock Hard magazine", says founding member Niklas Stålvind. "I really think we have taking our songwriting to the next level on this one and I hope that the metal fans will love it as much as we do".

Century Media Records will unleash "Devil Seed" on August 25th in Europe and September 2nd in North America. Then, a short time later, WOLF will take to the streets with a tour of the UK with further European dates to be announced soon."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Geez, nothing like jumping the gun a bit, huh? No album till SEPTEMBER?!?  Razz 

Ah well, looking forward to it anyway. These guys have been cranking out old-school, traditional heavy metal since before it became popular. They haven't disappointed me yet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Maybe by then I'll have extra cash to get it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

nice! I have enjoyed their material so far.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 am

They never disappoint,It'll be a must buy for me
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:11 am

I really liked Evil Star, which was fresh sounding before the insane influx of more traditional stlyed bands started coming out.

I haven't really checked out any of the other releases though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:18 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I really liked Evil Star, which was fresh sounding before the insane influx of more traditional stlyed bands started coming out.

I haven't really checked out any of the other releases though.

They've got about 5 albums out I think. I'm missing their last release, but I'll track it down eventually. If you liked Evil Star, their other stuff is pretty much more of the same, maybe slightly more polished. And I don't mean that in a negative way. They were cranking out decent, traditional heavy metal before it became cool again.

You know what you're getting, but it's good all the same. Like pizza. You know what to expect and the recipe never changes with only slight variations, but it's still delicious and satisfying with a few cold beers.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:02 am

Their last album - Legion of Bastards - was really good and worth tracking down.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:16 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Their last album - Legion of Bastards - was really good and worth tracking down.  

Oh yea, no doubt. Only price was a factor for me. I couldn't find a copy for a decent price (ie:under $10).

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Oh yea, no doubt. Only price was a factor for me. I couldn't find a copy for a decent price (ie:under $10).

I don't think it ever got an actual domestic release. Everything was a pricey import. I got the LP version which came with the cd and I also have the digipak version. I think I pre-ordered them from century media. I hope we get more affordable versions of the new album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Lyric video to the new track "Demon Seed" -

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:46 pm

headbanger  Cool tune !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Heavy!!!! Cant wait for some new wolf.

recently picked up legions of bastards. Cool album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Swedish metallers WOLF will release their seventh studio album, "Devil Seed", on August 25 in Europe and on September 2 in North America via Century Media.

Wolf - Devil Seed Wolfdevilseedcd

"Devil Seed" track listing:

01. Overture in C Shark
02. Shark Attack
03. Skeleton Woman
04. Surgeons Of Lobotomy
05. My Demon
06. I Am Pain
07. Back From The Grave
08. The Dark Passenger
09. River Everlost
10. Frozen
11. Killing Floor

Cool cover  \'arry \'eadbanger 

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 pm

nice! This is a cool cover!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Nice to see they have an American distributor this time around. I still haven't gotten Legions Of Bastards yet.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 am

Here's the video for their new track "Shark Attack."

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 pm

nice. must buy for sure.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Good tune. Sounds like typical Wolf to me. A positive in my book.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Anyone still playing this one? Although it is a few years old now, i still often revisit it.

It is about time they gave us a new album.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Anyone still playing this one? Although it is a few years old now, i still often revisit it.

I have all their albums on my playlist. Great band! They have promised a new album this year. Wolf - Devil Seed 604261

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I have all their albums on my playlist. Great band! They have promised a new album this year.  Wolf - Devil Seed 604261

I was wondering if they were working on new stuff. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Still haven't bought this one yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I have all their albums on my playlist. Great band! They have promised a new album this year.  Wolf - Devil Seed 604261

Awesome news headbanger headbanger

Any release date?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 10:30 am

Gilbert wrote:

If you're looking for a Wolf fix, have you tried The Doomsday Kingdom? The lead singer from Wolf teamed up with Lief Edling from Candlemass. It's more doomy than the traditional metal that Wolf typically does, but it's plenty metal too.

Wolf - Devil Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf - Devil Seed   Wolf - Devil Seed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf - Devil Seed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next