Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Seed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 am

Any familiar with the long lost gem from the 90s?

I don't know a damn thing about the band, where they came from or where they went. They dropped one album, got dicked over by their label (so I've heard), and disappeared.

Their lone album is awesome, though. Not perfect, but overall it's quality 90s metal. Great groove, hooks, harmonies. It's one of my favorites from that decade.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:20 am

This sounds pretty decent to me. The vocal harmonies are nice. Is that one song pretty typical of the entire album? I could listen to more of this.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:56 am

Quote :
I don't know a damn thing about the band, where they came from or where they went. They dropped one album, got dicked over by their label (so I've heard), and disappeared.

According to the original YouTube poster of this video...

Quote :
Update: Jason & Lou who created those great Guitar-Riffs are now working with Rob Dukes and Rob Moschetti in Generation Kill - looking forward for that release !

Other than that, info is pretty scarce on these guys.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This sounds pretty decent to me. The vocal harmonies are nice. Is that one song pretty typical of the entire album? I could listen to more of this.
That's one of the best songs on the album, but yeah, it's a good indication of sound. Like I said, it's not perfect, but there are some great tunes on it--"Misunderstood," "24 Years," "Numb." None of those songs are on YouTube, but can listen to three others here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Cantona31/videos?query=bad+seed

And I saw that info on the guys being in Generation Kill, but it doesn't look like Lou is in the band anymore.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Sounds like one of those opening bands at a concert that I would not hate but wouldn't care to look into any further. Not bad... but it doesn't do anything for me either. The vocals are a bit sleepy IMO. I picture something a little more heavy and gritty over the music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Seed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Seed   Bad Seed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Seed
Page 1 of 1