Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Empty
PostSubject: Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT   Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:09 am

It was a really good show. Stryper is a good live band. The albums don't record the heaviness that they project live when playing. I waited for 4 hours to see this show in fact I caught the very end of soundcheck. Got in decent spot in line and started talkin to a guy who was a huge Stryper fan. I would say about 2 hours later the line was the longest ive ever seen it when it comes to waiting for a show. This was also the very first concert id be going to alone. I would rather have a friend with me than go by myself I think

Stryper played mostly from the old catalog heavily on To Hell With the Devil they closed out the set with "To Hell With the Devil" but also played "Sing Along Song" (in the encore), "Honestly", "Calling on You" and "The Way". They even played a song from In God We Trust "Always There For You", one song from Against the Law "All for One" a few songs from Soliders and 2 from Yellow and Black Attack "Loud N Clear" and "From Wrong to Right" they also threw in a cover of KISS "Shout it Out" which sounded pretty good. Ive never seen this venue as crowded as it was when they played. They played at least 1 song from the new album maybe as many as 3 as I didnt recognize the first two songs in the set. They played nothing from Murder by Pride. I have to say I was bummed about this and I wish they played more from the new album too. I was also surprised to hear they do "The Way" it was always one of my favorite Stryper tunes. They did come out for 3 more songs after they played THWTD and closed the encore with "Soldiers Under Command" They sounded good when I saw them back in 2003 but they sounded even better the other night. They were definitely in the pocket.

I had before the show started went to the merch stand and got the new album (Deluxe version) signed by the entire band 20 bucks not bad. I also had gotten a ticket so I can get anything else signed by them. I originally was gonna go through my stuff and try to fish out a few albums so I could get them signed too but I had a very busy day and didnt. I didnt even stay after the show like I normally would have. Like I said i was very tired and I had to get up the next morning early. Like I told my wife I enjoyed the show but I didnt like going by myself. I had good seats I was on the floor and almost on seperate times caught a pick and a bible. Originally they were supposed to play January 3rd but Oz and Robert got snowed in it was during a storm so they rescheduled it which I was very happy because on January 4th I had a wedding to go to......mine.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT   Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

Awesome! Stryper is a great live band!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT   Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

They still do "Sing Along Song?" Ugh. I hate that song!! sick

Seriously tho, cool review. Stryper is one band I've always wanted to see live but I've never had the chance.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT   Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

This was my 2nd time seeing them live. They were in a very tight pocket the crowd ate it up and they were very heavy sounding live.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT   Stryper  4/11/14  Uncasville, CT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper 4/11/14 Uncasville, CT
Page 1 of 1