Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+16
MetalGuy71
Thelemech
Sword Of The Heretic
Lovecraft
MetallicSeminarian
Runicen
mikeinfla
chewie
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Required Fields
Addy
mlotek
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Whats with the "."?

Our friend Painkiller quit the forum, but before  he left he deleted everything he posted.
The forum won't let you save a "blank" message though, so he typed a period in each one.
...I guess he really showed us, huh? Laughing very hard

Ok, but wouldnt the easiest thing to do would be to just delete your profile? Or even better just not come back anymore? Man, some people I don't understand it. If I don't want to log on to a forum anymore I just forget about it and dont even bother deleting a profile. I might eventually go back.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:43 pm

What the hell happened that made him drop out? I mean, I know things were getting heated in discussions he took part in, but it never seemed to hit critical mass until some thread with him pushing his other forum.

It's like a murder mystery where one of the suspects' lines are completely pulled out. I NEED TO KNOW WHO DID IT!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:16 pm

He flexed his metal muscle ad nauseum, was pretty disrespectful to differing opinions, and was called out for it, including the fact that on his own forum he preached against these very things.

It's kind of funny and non sequitur seeing people respond to a message with only a period.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:

It's kind of funny and non sequitur seeing people respond to a message with only a period.

Heart of Metal: Where we can carry on a multi-page discussion about punctuation! (At least it's not politics).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:34 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Heart of Metal: Where we can carry on a multi-page discussion about punctuation! (At least it's not politics).

@!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:21 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

You know, I think that calls for a slow clap. . - Page 2 591800 

Funny thing about people getting all weird about taste in music - I'll tease friends for not liking what I like, but as I said to a friend of mine, "It doesn't take away from my ability to enjoy what I enjoy." I mean, seriously, what's the point getting hung up about it? We share stuff we like. If it lands, that's absolutely frickin' awesome. If it doesn't? Cool. I'll be over here jamming out while you do whatever you're doing (which probably isn't half as awesome as what I'm doing, but I won't hold that against you).  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 pm

The problem with Painkiller--and I'm not talking behind his back because he's free to come back and read this, start a new profile, respond, etc--is constipation. He locks in so much of the rah-rah tr00 meddle pre-90's only etc and pisses on other genres and decades to the point of belittling others with a condescending tone that he starts sounding like he's having a bad time in the loo. He should stop shitting out diamonds and relax a little bit, enjoy some other music for the sake of enjoyment, and stop hating Metallica so much. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Maybe I'm just an old man and out of touch but I have a really hard time understanding all the venom thrown out by certain heavy metal fans. When I was a teenager the music was something that brought people together, now it seems everything is so broken down into factions it's hard to find two people that agree on anything. It's depressing.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
Maybe I'm just an old man and out of touch but I have a really hard time understanding all the venom thrown out by certain heavy metal fans.  When I was a teenager the music was something that brought people together, now it seems everything is so broken down into factions it's hard to find two people that agree on anything.  It's depressing.  

I recently quit a fb group because of vitriolic metal fans. When discussing metal becomes hateful fighting instead of fun, I bail out.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:49 pm

It's not just metal - it's EVERYTHING. A friend and I were lamenting that pretty much everything has become polarized into us/them, right/wrong, etc.

Now, if we're talking life and death and being worried about someone passing a law that hurts you or calling up the pitchfork mob to burn you and your family at the stake, I get it.

Now, with damn near everything else...

For my part, I don't even get fixating that hard on things you DON'T like. Isn't the point of identifying things you don't like to then be able to avoid those things and focus on things you DO like?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:27 pm

What really tripped me out is how he called bands like Offspring emo and Green Day isn't punk. Zero sense.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I got better things to do with my time than to give a crap about the fact that people like bands that I don't care about. Seriously. Life is too short to give two shits about stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Whats with the "."?

Our friend Painkiller quit the forum, but before  he left he deleted everything he posted.
The forum won't let you save a "blank" message though, so he typed a period in each one.
...I guess he really showed us, huh? Laughing very hard

lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:32 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
I'm sorry, everyone, but this band just bores the hell out of me. And my top subgenre is USPM.

I'm the same way with Fates Warning. They're good at what they do 'n' all but they've never really grabbed me by the nards.

I'm in that boat too. I have their Chasing Time comp and feel that's just about all I need from them.

Got room for one more in that dingy? I too have the Chasing Time comp but never went any deeper. Though about it a few times on their older classics, but never did for whatever reason.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:43 am

The "S.S. Fates Warning Is 'Meh'" is getting mighty crowded all of a sudden. Time to set out on a three hour tour, a three hour tour. Very Happy

...you guys realize that Painkiller would have totally blasted us for being utterly, completely untr00 by now. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The "S.S. Fates Warning Is 'Meh'" is getting mighty crowded all of a sudden. Time to set out on a three hour tour, a three hour tour. Very Happy

...you guys realize that Painkiller would have totally blasted us for being utterly, completely untr00 by now. Laughing

His loss. We could all use a good schooling on what to like. . - Page 2 499945 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Is Painkiller's essence going to haunt threads on HoM like the eternal question of, "Yes, but does it have balls?"

We might need to call in an exorcist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Runicen wrote:
Is Painkiller's essence going to haunt threads on HoM like the eternal question of, "Yes, but does it have balls?"

We might need to call in an exorcist.  

He'll be a lingering fart for awhile, but eventually go away. butt dance 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Quote :

I'm sure it'll make for a good running gag for a while, but eventually he'll be replaced by something or someone else.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep, but he decided to change all his posts to show us he's on the cotton pony ride.......
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:49 pm

The cotton pony ride?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Runicen wrote:
The cotton pony ride?

Think about that.... you'll get it! Could also say he was surfing the crimson tide.....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

He'll be back once his therapist adjusts the ol dosage on the meds.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Runicen wrote:
The cotton pony ride?

Think about that.... you'll get it! Could also say he was surfing the crimson tide.....

lol! 

I never heard that before ! I had to google it.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Runicen wrote:
The cotton pony ride?

Ah, gotcha. No idea why that didn't connect, but it's a pretty good euphemism in any event. Filing it away for future use.

That said, who on the board wants to help me put together a symphonic power metal band so we can release an album called "Surfing the Crimson Tide?" That really needs to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .   . - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: