Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else miss DallasBlack?

Go down 
+8
Lari
QuothTheRaven
MoonChild
Rex
chewie
tohostudios
corplhicks
12 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Or am I just a big bowl of mush.  Sad Sad Sad 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:19 pm

I have sorta wondered how he's doing.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:47 pm

I've been missing him as well. I do hope that he is doing well!

He needs to come back.... this place is good for him.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:59 pm

I too am curious to find out how he's been doing.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Yeah I have been wondering why he wasn't posting in a while now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Didn't he say something about feeling free to PM him from time to time to check in with him ? I hope all is well with him too.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Weird! I was just thinking about him and wondering how he was. If you check in once in a while, DB, know that we're thinking about you!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

He was one of my best customers when it came to unloading power metal CDs once I burned out on the genre.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Anyone else miss DallasBlack? 127542

You guys are soft.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:00 pm

i miss him and his tales of the trucking life.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I like DB and hope he comes back soon.

(Soft?  Anyone else miss DallasBlack? 505193 )
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 am

007 wrote:
Didn't he say something about feeling free to PM him from time to time to check in with him ? I hope all is well with him too.

Yeah I forgot he did say that. I'm on it. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 am

I am certainly touched by this. I missed you guys too. I had been a part of this board for many years and for almost 6 months I have not posted a singe word. I did see some thread replies that I was watching but I just couldn't bring myself to come back while things were still unsure. I have made a thread about my adventures so I won't repeat them here but I was so ready to be converted to perm. at Amazon back in February so I could come back here with good news. That didn't happen (out of over 200 temps, they could only convert 50) and for several days I was very upset about it, but I was determined to work harder and make the next conversion (which I was led to believe wouldn't happen until Summer time). Late last month I hear they were going to convert again this time they would be able to convert 95 people. I was ready to try to find something else if I wasn't part of that 95. However, I had stepped up my game to the point that I was now in the top 10 of people in my department and was finally converted. Things have finally started to level out after dropping pretty low and I now feel comfortable returning.

I still have a ways to go but for the first time in half a year, I finally feel things are starting to get better. I'm sort of relieved to not be driving a truck. I was never comfortable with it in the first place, didn't like being away like that, and it was causing some health problems (apart from the one mentioned in the other thread, my right shoulder has been bothering me since my first month driving up til now. It still gets stiff and hurts but I think it's finally improving some). Let's face it, I'm best as a manual laborer anyways. It's harder to make money doing that but I seem to trive in that kind of environment. I'm just fortunate to be working for one of the places considered one of the best companies to work for. I won't be able to do something like this for the rest of my working life so it's good to be somewhere where there is plenty of room for advancement (and better pay in moving up). The most I can make right now is $12.75/hour which won't happen for 36 months. However; leads, managers, etc. start at $15/hour).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:16 am

Great ! Glad to see things are finally looking up for you !
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 am

Excellent!!!!!!! It's finally good to hear that you are doing well!!!! Right on, bro!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am

DallasBlack wrote:
...... for almost 6 months I have not posted a singe word.....

Which word?

Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Aagiggle
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:48 pm

There he is!! Bring the pitchforks!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:23 pm

[quote="Orion Crystal Ice"]There he is!! Bring the pitchforks!!!![/quote

Ill bring the Burger Catapult!!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else miss DallasBlack?   Anyone else miss DallasBlack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else miss DallasBlack?
Page 1 of 1