Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Annihilator Thread?

Go down 
+16
Orion Crystal Ice
journeyman
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
mc666
Witchfinder
DakotaRogers
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Favorite Annihilator Vocalist
Randy Rampage ("Alice in Hell"/"Criteria...")
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Coburn Pharr ("Never, Neverland")
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Aaron Randall ("Set the World on Fire")
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Jeff Waters ("King of the Kill"-"Remains")
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Joe Comeau ("Carnival Diablos/Waking the Fury")
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 7 ]
Dave Padden ("All for you"- Present)
Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:58 am

Had Coburn Pharr been in atleast one more album, I would have easily voted for him.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Jeff is my favorite, and the last one I've even really enjoyed. I'm not really sure why he stepped down from vocals, I think his voice on nearly every song from the late 90's releases was beyond killer.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 pm

I've been partial to Aaron Randall for years now, but I'm starting to favor Randy Rampage.

As for Dave Padden, he's way too bland and generic for a band like Annihilator. Plus, his emo vocal lines irk the shit out of me, especially in songs like "No Way Out" (Towards the middle.)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 am

See a lot of people call Padden out for being nu or emo, but I've never once gotten that vibe. A bit more modern, sure, because of his lower register, but his range is great and he carries those low growls like Rampage and Pharr. Great stuff for modern thrash.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 am

Gotta go with Joe as tops. Probably Rampage and Pharr after that. As far as top 5 in albums:

Alice In Hell
Never, Neverland
Waking The Fury
Schizo Deluxe
Carnival Diablos / Criteria For A Black Widow (like them both about the same)

Feast has been quite an enjoyable listen, and given time may come near that #5 spot.

I've always been a fan of the band. Jeff is one of the best guitar players in the scene, in my opinion. There's no telling where the band might be today if he had been able to keep a stable line-up back when, instead of the revolving door of musicians and vocalists. Is the dude just that hard to work with?

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:00 am

Coburn Pharr and Jeff himself have been my favourite vocalists for the band. Having said that, Dave Padden has come a long way since All For You and is definitely a great fit for the band.

Annihilator have always been a bit of an odd band for me. Musically, I think they are absolutely stunning and there's no doubt that Jeff is one of the best riff-writers in the business. However, I don't particularly rate his songwriting ability, as it usually feels like he patches things together a bit and then phones in vocal melodies. He could really do with letting someone else have a bit of creative control for vocal lines and arrangement.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Annihilator hasn't mattered since Never, Neverland.
Hasn't mattered to you, or hasn't mattered at all? I would respectfully disagree on the latter.

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 5:02 pm

This is the demo of the song - before the released song with lyrics.
I was stunned at how cool the riff was !
Had to share. Great album too 🔥😛🔥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Annihilator Thread?    Random Annihilator Thread?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Annihilator Thread?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2