Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Origins

Go down 
+3
Wargod
rattpoison
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 10:55 pm

What country do you think has the best metal bands per capita??

I believe Germany has everyone beat. Grave Digger, Rage, Accept, Scorpions, Rebellion, etc etc....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:31 am

the best metal bands? tough call. it would be a toss up between Germany, United States, England, Sweden, & Norway. those seem to be the most influential.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:29 am

I find it amazing Finland produces so many top quality hard rock/metal bands despite the population being only 4 million
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 7:53 am

I'd say Germany, Sweden, Finland, US, Australia..........

Wargod48

NP: Ignitor - Road Of Bones
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:00 am

rattpoison wrote:
I find it amazing Finland produces so many top quality hard rock/metal bands despite the population being only 4 million

Well, metal is very popular in Finland. The last winner in their Idol competition was a heavy metal singer. His solo album has now topped the lists in Finland for weeks. They also sent Lordi to the Eurovision Song Contest (and won!). Nightwish has also been a contender there, but didn't win due to some jury. The publuic wanted them though.

Norway have also about the same amount of people living here, but unfortuneatly metal is nowhere near as big here. We do have our black metal though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Today GERMANY i think and before the UK and USA. Also BRAZIL had many thrash metal bands in the 80s, even more then GERMANY i think.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:00 pm

Quote :
I'd say Germany, Sweden, Finland, US, Australia..........

Before I read Wargod's post I was thinking along these lines....
Back to top Go down

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Germany hands down! Cranking out the best in Power Metal since the genres inception!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Sweden!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Origins   Metal Origins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Origins
Page 1 of 1