Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

savage messiah: the fateful dark

Go down 
+6
mlotek
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
Gilbert
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

savage messiah: the fateful dark Empty
PostSubject: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:38 am

Any fans of this band? I picked up their latest album today.

Excellent thrash metal. The vocals are also very good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Missed this post. I have this album on CD and LP (clear vinyl with bonus 10") and I really enjoy it. There are lots of haters around here when it comes to this band, so I'm not surprised there's no commentary on it. Very enjoyable power/thrash.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:23 am

It's ok,pretty similar to plaque of consciousness.I still think these guys did their best work on Spitting Venom.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 am

I have one album from them, Insurrection Rising. It's ok, from what I remember, but I never felt compelled to dig any deeper with these guys. Maybe it's time I gave it a fresh listen.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:42 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Missed this post.  I have this album on CD and LP (clear vinyl with bonus 10") and I really enjoy it.  There are lots of haters around here when it comes to this band, so I'm not surprised there's no commentary on it.  Very enjoyable power/thrash.  

That was good musicianship, but it doesn't stick in my mind.
Many similar bands have this clean, neo-classical/Yngwie style.

I would have to hear more first, but if their other songs are more memorable,
like what HEATHEN does, then that 10" is an excellent lure.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:46 am

Not sure why there'd be haters but whatever. I actually think that clip sounds pretty good. I'd like to check into them further.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:21 pm

007 wrote:
Not sure why there'd be haters but whatever. I actually think that clip sounds pretty good. I'd like to check into them further.

The last time an album came out from them, there were the usual choruses that they aren't "real thrash" or they don't deserve to be signed to Earache, etc...  The standard thread crapping from idiots.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Yea, I seem to recall some pissing and moaning about these guys, but I'm not sure what the basis was. That new song sounds pretty good actually. More like traditional heavy metal than thrash, but I don't see the problem with that.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:32 pm

mlotek wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Missed this post.  I have this album on CD and LP (clear vinyl with bonus 10") and I really enjoy it.  There are lots of haters around here when it comes to this band, so I'm not surprised there's no commentary on it.  Very enjoyable power/thrash.  

That was good musicianship, but it doesn't stick in my mind.
Many similar bands have this clean, neo-classical/Yngwie style.

I would have to hear more first, but if their other songs are more memorable,
like what HEATHEN does, then that 10" is an excellent lure.

That's one of the weaker tracks on the album, but it's the video cut from the album, so that's why I posted it. They're not the best band in the world or anything, but they have some good cuts.

The bonus 10" is all cover songs:

Be Quick Or Be Dead - Iron Maiden
Lightning To The Nations - Diamond Head
Killers - Motorhead
Of Wolf and Man - Metallica

I like these tracks:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:06 pm

It's okay, there isn't a hint of thrash there but as a metal record it's not bad,
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
It's okay, there isn't a hint of thrash there but as a metal record it's not bad,

Not a hint of thrash?  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 am

Got it, love it. And, I get all kinds of "hints" about thrash when I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

I hear Testament, some Overkill, Megadeth...definitely textures of melodic thrash. I don't see what's so bad about it, except the singer lacks a bit of power.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 am

Yes, me also, I can hear some Testament and Megadeth in there.

The other thread with Savage Messiah's (2012) Plague Of Conscience, 320 kbps, free download from Earache Records, made me look to see if I had grabbed that before.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17110-free-download-of-the-new-savage-messiah-album

The longer I listen to that album and the posted video links above, the more I am getting into it,
am giving Savage Messiah another chance.
Interesting choices for cover songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: savage messiah: the fateful dark   savage messiah: the fateful dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

savage messiah: the fateful dark
Page 1 of 1