Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)

Go down 
+15
ZombieHavoc
Olafsto
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
Gilbert
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
glassprison
Metal Misfit
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Empty
PostSubject: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 am

Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) P18h2lok47lih2oqf7om79894

Tracklisting:

'Hell Inside My Head'
'Harmony'
'All My Friends Are Dead'
'Temptation'
'Push Away'
'Dominator'
'Had Enough'
'Gun To A Knife Fight'
'Rock N Roll Is A Vicious Game'
'Taking Back Tomorrow'
'Disengaged'
'Forget You'

Coming out April 22. Cheesy cover, but I like it! Has a late 70s/early 80s classic look to it.

"Hell Inside My Head" is available through iTunes. I only previewed it but I like what I'm hearing. "Temptation" was apparently played on Jay Mohr's podcast as well. Haven't heard that one.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 am

I've only heard that clip of "Hell Inside My Head" as well, but it does sound good! Of his previous two solo albums, I think I prefer Angel Down overall, but both have some great songs. He's been putting out some great music--although I can see why it doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone who liked his work with Skid Row.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 am

I'll have to listen, but I actually liked Kicking and Screaming more then I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Next time Bach talks trash about what the guys in Skid Row are doing now, play him this song.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 am

That song has a killer chorus and love that guitar riff. The verses are pretty weak though IMO.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 am

I need to revisit bach's material

It's been a long time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Next time Bach talks trash about what the guys in Skid Row are doing now, play him this song.

Bach's solo material bores me. None of it has staying power, and none of it quite revisits that Slave to the Grind angst--in other words, he sounds tired. I had both solo albums and shortly after traded them for this reason.

This song, though, isn't just tired. It sucks. The cliche is thick, there is no riff except a drone on the E string, and the chorus is nothing more than modern rock chord banging. Meh all the way, just as bad as Solinger Row. So you're right. He should quit his bitching.

I'm in a different camp than pro-Bach or pro-Solinger. I hate all those f*ckers lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:13 pm

I've enjoyed his last 2 solo albums, so I'll pick this up at some point, I'm sure. Just in no hurry to do so.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 pm

I really liked Angel Down, but Kicking and Screaming did nothing for me. I'll will definitely pick this one up when it's released.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've enjoyed his last 2 solo albums, so I'll pick this up at some point, I'm sure. Just in no hurry to do so.

Witchfinder wrote:
I really liked Angel Down, but Kicking and Screaming did nothing for me.  I'll will definitely pick this one up when it's released.

I'm curious what you guys think about the single Eyesore posted.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am

The only difference between this song and what the Skid Row guys are doing (save for the odd punk-type track) is Bach's vocal range.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 am

I thought the new song was just ok. Didn't blow me away or anything. I will say that the chorus stuck in my head after playing the song once or twice, so it's got that going for it.

Like I said, I enjoyed his last 2, so I'm sure I'll find something to like on this new one as well. I just don't feel the need to get it right this minute. There are a few other new releases coming out in the next few weeks that I'm more anxious to get first.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:26 pm

The single is meh. I'm with mg, the last two have had some good stuff so i'm going with that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Is this Bobby J still playing drums? That didn't look like him in the video.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Is this Bobby J still playing drums?   That didn't look like him in the video.

Not sure if it's him in the video, but he's credited on the new album.

Quote :
Produced, mixed and recorded by Bob Marlette (Black Sabbath, Shinedown, Alice Cooper) and mastered by Tom Baker (Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, Seether), GIVE ‘EM HELL features writing and playing by very special friends and guest stars: Duff McKagan (Velvet Revolver, Guns N’ Roses), John 5 (Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie) and Steve Stevens (Billy Idol). Rounding up the lineup on the album are Devin Bronson on guitars and Bobby Jarzombek on drums.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:49 pm

New video. Seriously, I'm surprised that anyone on this board would take a liking to this. It's rotten, just positively bad. Dude even compares himself to Amanda Bynes in the lyrics. C'mon, guys...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:34 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Dude even compares himself to Amanda Bynes in the lyrics. C'mon, guys...

You sound surprised by this. Dude was on 'Gilmore Girls' and currently has Avril Lavigne's guitarist in his band. Name checking Amanda "Crazy As A Sh*t-House Rat" Bynes is keeping him cool with the kids, yo!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Another disappointing album; while undoubtedly better than Skid Row's latest material, it is not a very exciting listen either.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Dude even compares himself to Amanda Bynes in the lyrics. C'mon, guys...

You sound surprised by this. Dude was on 'Gilmore Girls' and currently has Avril Lavigne's guitarist in his band. Name checking Amanda "Crazy As A Sh*t-House Rat" Bynes is keeping him cool with the kids, yo!

Lol, I'm surprised he hasn't begged to be an American Idol judge.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 pm

I'd say the best songs are "All My Friends Are Dead," "Push Away," and "Gun To A Knife Fight." The rest are mediocre at best.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Funny that Skid Row went back to the hard rock stuff on their latest EP, and Bach has apparently decided to start doing the stuff they were doing on Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Funny that Skid Row went back to the hard rock stuff on their latest EP, and Bach has apparently decided to start doing the stuff they were doing on Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute.

Exactly, and like you said, he has the nerve to bitch about them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:55 am

Bach sounds terrible in that song Sad
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:22 am

not like. average with stramge melty homo voice. no energy.same song same style.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
melty homo voice

"Melty Homo Voice" would be a FABULOUS name for a band. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)   Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach - Give 'Em Hell (2014)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next