Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graviators - Motherload

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Graviators - Motherload Empty
PostSubject: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:34 am

New Graviators album is coming!

Quote :
The sound that Swedish heavy rockers The Graviators showcase on their impending third album, Motherload, is a melting pot of doomed influences. Their second outing under the banner of Napalm Records behind 2012′s Evil Deeds sophomore outing, Motherload arrives as advertised: It’s a bit of everything. Listen hard across its formidable span and you’re just as likely to hear shades of Electric Wizard as Kadavar, of Graveyard as Cathedral as Pentagram, but always at the core there remains a firm current of Black Sabbath, and from that the band does not waver. They’ve worked quickly since getting their start half a decade ago, but prior to, guitarist Martin Fairbanks did a stint in Kaptain Sun predecessors Clandestine, and he and vocalist Niklas Sjöberg are also currently members of NYMF, whose split 7″ with Dozer marked that band’s recorded return in 2013.

Even so, you can drop as many names as you want and it does little to convey the fluidity of The Graviators‘ doom ‘n’ roll. The four-piece of Fairbanks, Sjöberg , bassist Johan Holm and drummer Henrik Bergman are no less at home in a boogie rock shuffle as a nod-ready doom riff, and as the force tying it together and laying down the hook in a song like “Narrow Minded Bastards,” the charismatic Sjöberg excels in classic frontman form, ready with a “yeah” at the end of each verse to carry the listener along with the groove. Their video for “Narrow Minded Bastards” is relatively simple in concept — band, rocking, in a room — but interestingly shot and actively cut so there’s no drag and it does well to convey the swagger inherent in the track. Of course, Motherload has much more to offer than just that, or presumably they’d have called it something else, but as a first impression, “Narrow Minded Bastards” hits all its marks easily and should have no problem digging into the consciousness of the willing.

Today I have the pleasure of hosting the premiere for the “Narrow Minded Bastards” video. Please find it below, and enjoy:
- See more at:

Their last album was a blind buy for me and it was one of my favorite purchases that year. I still need their debut, so I can't comment on that one, but this new song sounds excellent. Well worth your time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 am

Oh great, yet another Sabbath rip-off band. Just what we need.  Rolling Eyes 

Actually, that should read "Oh great!! Another Sabbath-inspired band to add to my collection!! Just what I need! F**KIN A!!"

headbanger 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 am

Yeah, they're pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:28 pm

This CD is $3.99 on Amazon! Kick-ass price if you have Amazon Prime. Works for me since I never actually bought the album. =)

http://www.amazon.com/Motherload-The-Graviators/dp/B00HWWK6L2

BUY IT!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This CD is $3.99 on Amazon! Kick-ass price if you have Amazon Prime. Works for me since I never actually bought the album. =)

BUY IT!

Okay, I just did.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:54 pm

What in the f**k does the band name mean? Graviators? Is it aviators in a cemetery?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Alright it's Sabbath worship, there's no denying that but as Sabbath are the greatest band in the history of the world, I'll let it pass. They could have gone for Limp Bizkit worship!! I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
What in the f**k does the band name mean?  Graviators?  Is it aviators in a cemetery?

Maybe they're pilots but also gravy connoisseurs?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

BUY IT!

Okay, I just did.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:39 am

That's a very close sounding Sabbath - Masters Of Reality - sound -
LOVE IT - as a young kid - that was the Lp that really did it fo me -
also a touch of Snowblind - I'm impressed ! Video is quite horrible.
And they also possess a touch a TROUBLE - whom I AlwayS liked -
and I'm not a huge gloomy metal guy - but it's captivating - gotta admit it.
If another song is this cool - I'm buying it for sure -
perfect for a unseasonably warm day in November afternoon.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Sounds good!! Graviators - Motherload 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graviators - Motherload   Graviators - Motherload Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graviators - Motherload
Page 1 of 1