Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
jstate
Smindas
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
Gilbert
iamrockerfun
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Empty
PostSubject: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:23 am

KISS released their debut album 40 years ago today, on February 18, 1974. Still one of my faves from them. This is the good stuff, before the toys, comic books, and private jets, when they were still young and hungry.

headbanger 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 am

This album is easily in my top three KISS albums of all time. I think it gets constantly looked over and that's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 am

And music has never been the same.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:50 am

headbanger 

I love it !
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 am

40 years ago?!! Now I really feel old.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:30 am

im glad to have it on LP, simply one vintage classic.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 am

Wow 40 years already!

Damn we're getting old.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 pm

The debut is a good hard rock band making good rock 'n roll. I would think the less OTT stuff on this record and more attention to the songs would make it appeal more to classic rock aficionados but I don't usually see it listed in lists like that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Great album \m/
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:42 pm

This and Rock and Roll Over are definitely my favourites from KISS. There are some really underrated gems on it - 'Nothin' To Lose' and 'Let Me Know' being amongst my top KISS songs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:02 am

I became a fan with Creatures Of The Night (thanks to the awesome video for I Love It Loud). Worked backwards from there to the debut. I wasn't that into it when I was younger but time has been kind to it and I would place it toward the top of the discography. Kinda hard to believe I've been a diehard Kiss fan for 30+ years.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 am

One of the best of all time. American hard rock at it's finest.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Love their debut album, it kicks ass
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:29 pm

I listen to this one more than any of the others. Never gets old.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Their debut is practically a greatest hits album in and of itself. "Black Diamond" is my favorite KISS song.

Nowadays, I prefer listening to Hotter Than Hell, Unmasked, Creatures, Elder, etc. mainly because I played their debut album to death and songs like "Cold Gin" I got sick of, but its greatness is undeniable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!   KISS released their debut 40 years ago today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS released their debut 40 years ago today!
Page 1 of 1