Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Van Halen coming...

Go down 
+18
Temple of Blood
MetallicSeminarian
manny
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Thelemech
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
chewie
Troublezone
candlemass
James B.
akeldama
BillRoxx
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

I missed that last tour (they added Fresno a week before cancelling) but saw footage...I was kind of happy about saving the money. It really seemed underwhelming, and I was able to see a good enough show during the early 2007 reunion. I would be okay if they just pulled off a limited big-city tour like Sabbath did. It seems like--and I could be wrong--they bit off way more than they could chew with the last attempt at touring. Plus I really have this feeling deep inside that Eddie and Dave are just too incompatible on a long-term basis. Too many frayed nerves over time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
chewie wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Why is it that Tremonti is always breaking VH news?

Anyway, I'm on board with this.

I think he knows Wolfgang??????

The linked story says he is recording an album with Wolfgang.

I believe Wolfie also filled in on bass for some live shows when Tremonti was out promoting his solo album and is now part of the Tremonti solo band.

As for a new VH album, I say bring it on. I loved the last one. Didn't care that it was rehashed demos or went on too long. I'm fine with it.

corplhicks wrote:
I missed that last tour (they added Fresno a week before cancelling) but saw footage...I was kind of happy about saving the money. It really seemed underwhelming

I saw the show and I'd say you weren't too far off the mark with that comment. Had I spent the montly mortgage payment to see it, I would have been really disappointed.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

corplhicks wrote:
I missed that last tour (they added Fresno a week before cancelling) but saw footage...I was kind of happy about saving the money. It really seemed underwhelming

I saw the show and I'd say you weren't too far off the mark with that comment. Had I spent the montly mortgage payment to see it, I would have been really disappointed.

Tell me something--was Dave fun to watch at all?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:38 am

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

corplhicks wrote:

I saw him in Tampa and he was a lot of fun to watch, he is no longer the motormouth frontman I grew up with, he actually concentrates more on singing, and he is still a great story teller
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 am

manny wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

corplhicks wrote:

I saw him in Tampa and he was a lot of fun to watch, he is no longer the motormouth frontman I grew up with, he actually concentrates more on singing, and he is still a great story teller

What Manny sez - saw the tour, it was a great show. DLR is still a lot of fun - different, but still fun. The band sounded great!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 am

Van Halen w/ Roth is always interesting. IMHDO both on record and on stage.   I can't stand Van Hagar and I was a Sammy fan before he joined Van Halen.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Hell yes!! I'll take a new album any day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:01 pm

manny wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

corplhicks wrote:

I'd agree with most of that, however he needs to tone down the sexual inuendo and double entrendres. He's not the young, studly frontman anymore. He comes off like the creepy old uncle that makes everyone uncomfortable at Thanksgiving dinner after too many glasses of wine.

Here's my review of the show I saw. Not bad, but not mind-blowingly awesome either.
http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17714-van-halen-philadelphia-030512?highlight=van+halen

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Absolutely. A new Van Halen album would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Van Halen coming...   New Van Halen coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Van Halen coming...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2