Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata

Go down 
+9
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dave the Boss
Wurthless
James B.
mc666
corplhicks
Thelemech
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
S.D. wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Hilarious to me that you guys still give a shit about a guy that broke ground with 2 amazing albums 30 years ago and has done nothing worth listening to ever since.  Bring on the onslaught, apparently.

His last two records have been brilliant.  You just dismiss him because of the lyrics.  

Lyrics don't matter to me much any more.  I guess I need to hear his last two records [tell me what they are and I will look them up], if detuned recommends.  I might be talking outta my ass, as per usual.  I'll get back to this thread [Monotheist sucked, imo].

My guess is you'd like a few of the songs on each of these Triptykon albums but the rest would probably drive you nuts.  

This track (one of the new songs discussed above) is pretty straight ahead and I think you might dig it.  

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/triptykon-breathing
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 am

I personally like Triptykon better than Celtic Frost. They lost me at "Cold Lake" and I just forgot about them. I later went back and re-visited everything after that and liked it. "Monotheist" is great, but "Eparistera Daimones" is an absolute monster. I'm waiting for my "Breathing" 7" to arrive and I pre-ordered "Melana Chasmata" on vinyl yesterday. So much good stuff coming out lately, I'm going broke.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:00 am

exanimate wrote:
I personally like Triptykon better than Celtic Frost. They lost me at "Cold Lake" and I just forgot about them. I later went back and re-visited everything after that and liked it. "Monotheist" is great, but "Eparistera Daimones" is an absolute monster. I'm waiting for my "Breathing" 7" to arrive and I pre-ordered "Melana Chasmata" on vinyl yesterday. So much good stuff coming out lately, I'm going broke.

Tell me about it! I've got an eBay bid on the Eparistera Daimones – The Complete Sessions 3LP Box but I think it's gonna go way out of my price range  as I've been buying a ton of new stuff Sad 

Anyway, welcome dude! (This forum will not help your bank balance  lol! )
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 am

I actually bought one of the box sets on Ebay a little over a year ago. It was beat up pretty bad when I got it, so I sent it back for a refund. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on it when it was in that shape. I held off on the 10" box sets for the new one. Too much money lately and the standard vinyl is fine with me.

I did save a pic of it though just to remind myself that I did own it at one point.  Very Happy 

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 2zr15ht
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:43 am

exanimate wrote:
I actually bought one of the box sets on Ebay a little over a year ago. It was beat up pretty bad when I got it, so I sent it back for a refund. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on it when it was in that shape. I held off on the 10" box sets for the new one. Too much money lately and the standard vinyl is fine with me.
I did save a pic of it though just to remind myself that I did own it at one point.  Very Happy 

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 2zr15ht

I hate it when that happens! I bought the DTP - By a Thread DVD set autographed by Devin Townsend for a large but fair price but the bozo wrapped it in brown paper and nothing else and the Royal Mail pretty much destroyed it!! There was no way I could justify spending more than £100 on something in that condition.

I have been collecting all things Warrior for a while now so I have bought the 3 x 10" set, and the 2 x 12" clear. Erm, and the 12" Dark Green!  Embarassed  (To be fair, I wouldn't have bought the green had I known that I could get the clear for a non astronomical price so I'll probably sell that one when I get round to having a clear out)

That box set is beautiful though!!
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 am

Indeed it is. I should have just held onto it, as I could have easily gotten my money back out of it, even in the condition that it was in. It's way too pricey at this point to re-buy.

Did you buy the Century Media or Nuclear Blast set?

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:26 pm

3 x 10" is a Nuclear Blast exclusive.

The green is from CM and the clear is CM but I've had to order it from an eBay seller.
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Finally arrived.

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Kdphzk
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 pm

exanimate wrote:
Finally arrived.

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Kdphzk

Lucky sod, I had to make do with the black!  Mad 
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:03 pm

I should have ordered them both, but I'll take this. Hey at least you have the 10" set on the way.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm

exanimate wrote:
I should have ordered them both, but I'll take this. Hey at least you have the 10" set on the way.

Gawd I'm looking forward to this record so much!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:57 pm

This record sure is getting tons of great reviews. I haven't ran across a bad one yet.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:05 pm

This is at the top of my list for next month. Hopefully the first week of April...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Haven't bought it yet but have been able to hear the full album a couple times...I know it's early but I'm pretty much ready to call this album of the year. It is so f*cking hot.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:17 pm

GGGIIIIVVVVEEEE ITTTTTT TOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET9WITJYIO W4HJT 89OQRYHW3T67UIENHROKGHSNGUKHJDFNB530986YUJKLRFV
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
GGGIIIIVVVVEEEE ITTTTTT TOOOOOOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET9WITJYIO W4HJT 89OQRYHW3T67UIENHROKGHSNGUKHJDFNB530986YUJKLRFV

(Don't worry Outsiders is still on the roster.) Wink
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm

oh I meant I want this album haha. but that is awesome to hear  Cool 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 pm

A good buddy turned me onto these guys and I gave their newest a listen. After hearing the first song I couldn't believe what I was listening to. EPIC!! That's when the next bunch of tracks followed and I scratched my head? That opening tracks was amazing and it just died right after that for me.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:43 pm

It's a great record. Definite top ten album for 2014 unless I hear ten really staggering records between now and January.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 pm

I want this album so damn badly! I'll buy it off Amazon once I get my next check, which is in a couple more days. I loved Celtic Frost from their beginnings with Morbid Tales to their dissolution with Monotheist. Triptykon's debut blew me out of the water, so I can only expect more of the same black/doomy brilliance.
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Finally! It arrived today and it is crushing!

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Mvrh2w
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Friday... It will be mine........oh yes.
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Oh, my God. The song "Breathing." <3
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Great new video for MC's best song

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:53 pm

New video, simple eye/ear candy. Still rocking this album.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: