Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata

Go down 
+9
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dave the Boss
Wurthless
James B.
mc666
corplhicks
Thelemech
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Empty
PostSubject: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:16 pm

That's the title! and this is the cover

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Triptykoncd2014

This is the tracklist

1. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
2. Boleskine House
3. Altar Of Deceit
4. Breathing
5. Aurorae
6. Demon Pact
7. In The Sleep Of Death
8. Black Snow
9. Waiting

and this is my happy face!!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:31 pm

IN MY HAPPY PLACE

wait..that term doesn't really apply if we're talking about Triptykon, does it? I mean... I'm in my  tr00 place.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Truly anticipating the arrival of this sure to be classic slab of extreme metal.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 5:37 pm

That is some wicked album art.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Really looking forward to this.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 am

yeppers

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Hell yeah. I'll be all over this.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:55 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalriiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Glenn_Quagmire

Absolutely loved the first album, so I'm pretty stoked for this.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh dear!!

A personal message from Tom Gabriel Warrior: "The box set with extra items, limited to an edition of 2000, contains the mediabook edition of the album. It is not a Triptykon product, however, but a Century Media idea (much like the 10" box is a Nuclear Blast-only edition). I strongly dislike the CM box, and it is my personal recommendation to Triptykon's fans not to purchase it." "CM have licensed the rights for the album and can thus market it as they wish, but that doesn't mean there are merits in such a limited edition venture. I personally feel it is in bad taste and does not represent Triptykon. All items which are officially issued by Triptykon (i.e., the mediabook CD, the pendant, and the tote bag) will be available separately through the usual outlets, so there is no need to support such a cheap and ill-fitting marekting venture." wrote:

Much as I'm all in favour of artistic integrity, even I think that it's a bit off to sell the rights to an album and then tell all of your fans not to buy it!!

I can't see how this will end well for Tom  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Translation: They'll see more revenue from direct merch sale. Tom can pretty much do what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:21 pm

First two tracks (the ones from the 7") posted on Soundcloud. I'm sold!  headbanger 

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/sets/triptykon-melana-chasmata

Hardly surprising though as it sounds like vintage Tom and I love vintage Tom.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 am

Boris2008 wrote:
First two tracks (the ones from the 7") posted on Soundcloud. I'm sold!  headbanger 

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/sets/triptykon-melana-chasmata

Hardly surprising though as it sounds like vintage Tom and I love vintage Tom.
Badass!

I've liked where they are heading from Monotheist onward.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:24 am

That sounds killer. I'm listening to it on laptop speakers and it's still saturating me. That's a good thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:15 am

Now this is a sound I can still get excited about!  That first track is an absolute monster and there's a guitar solo!  Really dig that second song as well, he always knew how to utilize female vocals.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:34 pm

I think that the brilliance of what he's done from Monotheist onwards is just sinking in with me. Celtic Frost up to and including Into the Pandemonium will always have such an exalted place in my heart that I didn't think it could be matched, but I really think that Monotheist & the Triptykon stuff is probably the best stuff he's done.

It's difficult for me to be objective about Tom Warrior though as I'm such a fanboy I think that maybe I go overboard with the praise but this new single is awesome!

Is that a Metallica riff in the second song though?  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I think that the brilliance of what he's done from Monotheist onwards is just sinking in with me. Celtic Frost up to and including Into the Pandemonium will always have such an exalted place in my heart that I didn't think it could be matched, but I really think that Monotheist & the Triptykon stuff is probably the best stuff he's done.
This is me as well, word for word. I'll include Apollyon Sun too, as it was brilliant as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Hilarious to me that you guys still give a shit about a guy that broke ground with 2 amazing albums 30 years ago and has done nothing worth listening to ever since. Bring on the onslaught, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:10 pm

No onslaught. You are entitled to your opinions, and your Satanicide record. I'll stick with this thanks.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 pm

I almost worship "Monotheist", but then I wouldn't be a monotheist...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Stupid Soundcloud with it's stupid Tang colors isn't giving me any audio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Hilarious to me that you guys still give a shit about a guy that broke ground with 2 amazing albums 30 years ago and has done nothing worth listening to ever since.  Bring on the onslaught, apparently.

His last two records have been brilliant. You just dismiss him because of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Stupid Soundcloud with it's stupid Tang colors isn't giving me any audio.

Also on YouTube  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:31 am

S.D. wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Hilarious to me that you guys still give a shit about a guy that broke ground with 2 amazing albums 30 years ago and has done nothing worth listening to ever since.  Bring on the onslaught, apparently.

His last two records have been brilliant.  You just dismiss him because of the lyrics.  

Lyrics don't matter to me much any more. I guess I need to hear his last two records [tell me what they are and I will look them up], if detuned recommends. I might be talking outta my ass, as per usual. I'll get back to this thread [Monotheist sucked, imo].
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:35 am

To be honest. if you think that Monotheist sucked, you're not likely to dig the Triptykon records either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triptykon - Melana Chasmata   Triptykon - Melana Chasmata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next