Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repeating the chorus ...

Go down 
+13
candlemass
Hadley
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
jstate
Temple of Blood
MetallicSeminarian
sovdat
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Repeating the chorus ... Empty
PostSubject: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Went through entire Maiden discography a couple of weeks ago and they sure seem to be at the top of the game when it comes to repeating the chorus (mostly song title for them) to infinity. I wasn't counting and I don't think that I'll be spinning some of their stuff for some time, but I was wondering if there is some information available, how many times do they repeat it in each song?

Also, what other bands / songs are up there on the list? Surely some Exciter and AC/DC, and then some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Nothing can possibly be worse than Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' by Journey with na, na, na, na, nana, na na, na, nah, nah…repeated like 35,000 times.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
Nothing can possibly be worse than Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' by Journey with na, na, na, na, nana, na na, na, nah, nah…repeated like 35,000 times.  

And then there's the 7+ minute live version.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 pm

MAIDEN's choruses since the reunion have been ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 8:59 am

I generally like Virtual XI more than most fans, but damn does that chorus in The Angel And The Gambler make me want to hit the skip button.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:15 am

jstate wrote:
I generally like Virtual XI more than most fans, but damn does that chorus in The Angel And The Gambler make me want to hit the skip button.

Don't you think I'm a savior?
Don't you think I can save ya?
Don 't you think I can save your life?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:18 am

Love Maiden...and agree with ToB. They repeat their choruses WAY too much these days.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 am

Not metal, but this one is completely too repetitive.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 am

A lot of newer Grave Digger does it where just the song title is repeated and that's the chorus. The songs still rule but it's just funny. Especially the 'Rheingold' album....

RHEIN
GOLD
RHEIN
GOLD
RHEIN
GOLD
RHEIN
GOLD

VALHALLA
VALHALLA
VALHALLA
VALHALLA

GIANTS
GIANTS
GIANTS
GIANTS

etc..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Mortification: "The Other Side of the Coin."
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I have the biggest love-hate relationship with that song. The hook is massive, the vocals are killer, it's a huge headbanger of a tune, but yeah, part of me wants to scream SHUT UP toward the end.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Grim Reaper has always been long on the catchy chorus and short on the fleshed out verse. Kinda what I really dig about them actually.

That George Harrison song is such a shame since the rest of that record is so great. I usually shut it off by the time that song hits at the end.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 am

I watched a little of the 2013 Download Festival last night on VH-1 Classic and now that it was brought to my attention in this thread, Iron Maiden's 'Fear of the Dark' repeats about a thousand times too many.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 am

ultmetal wrote:

Stop, in the name of all which does not suck!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:40 pm

How about I'm Leaving You by the Scorpions?

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Hadley wrote:
How about I'm Leaving You by the Scorpions?

Maybe, but I love that song! "The Same Thrill" gets my vote for annoying chorus on LAFS.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:19 pm

S.D. wrote:

...and I would do anything for love, but I won't do that song!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I have the biggest love-hate relationship with that song. The hook is massive, the vocals are killer, it's a huge headbanger of a tune, but yeah, part of me wants to scream SHUT UP toward the end.[/quote]

That's unfortunate, I on the other hand, have no relationship w/the song nor band!  Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:38 pm

You know who else does this a lot?

AC/DC

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Iron Maiden's "Brave New World" is another one:
"A brave new world! A brave new world!
A brave new world! A brave new world!
In a brave new world! A brave new worrrrrld!"
(repeat 1000x)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 pm

candlemass wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I have the biggest love-hate relationship with that song. The hook is massive, the vocals are killer, it's a huge headbanger of a tune, but yeah, part of me wants to scream SHUT UP toward the end.

That's unfortunate, I on the other hand, have no relationship w/the song nor band!  Razz[/quote]

Oh man I love me some Grim Reaper.  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Whoa..look at his face. His face sucks!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:01 pm

I've noticed that, too, LOL. I love the some "Dream Of Mirrors" but the repetition ruins it. Then he speeds up the chorus and repeats that! That over 9-minute song could be cut down to 4 or 5 minutes and be spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Iron Maiden's "Brave New World" is another one:
"A brave new world! A brave new world!
A brave new world! A brave new world!
In a brave new world! A brave new worrrrrld!"
(repeat 1000x)

That song and album has some of the most generic choruses of all-time. A real "let's just hurry up and tour" album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repeating the chorus ...   Repeating the chorus ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repeating the chorus ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next