Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anvil Chorus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Anyone heard this band?

They only released one single in 1982 and a bunch of demos. The single "Blondes in Black" is good stuff. Two mid-paced heavy metal numbers, the b-side is actually more melodic and keyboard laced but still great. I haven't heard their demos (yet), anyone heard 'em?

I've only heard one more song from Anvil Chorus called "Blue Flames" which I have on a hardcore skate compilation. What it's doing on there I have NO idea but it's an awesome song. A bit more speedy than the songs found on their lone single with some amazing solos.

They were from the Bay Area and had members that would later go on to play in the thrash band Heathen. According to metal-archives, a demo of theirs from 1983 actually contains the song "Guitarmony" which would show up on Heathen's second LP, "Victims of Deception" some 8 years later!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 pm

No never heard them, but cool name. Obviously in reference to great 70's band the Heavy Metal Kids, who had an album called Anvil Chorus which is their best.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:33 am

Wasn't Kurt Vanderhoof (who would go on to form Metal Church) a member of Anvil Chorus?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Nope, Aaron Zimpel. He drummed for Metal Church early on.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Have 3 demos by them, DEMO 84 and two from 83. Not bad but nothing special to me. ANVIL B.ITCH were far better 🤘

Last edited by krokus on Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Never heard them but I'm sure that I prefer the original Anvil! 🤘
Back to top Go down

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:22 pm

actually anvil chorus' guitarist, thaen rasmussen, made the last vicious rumors european tour...and sure i'll take every time anvil chorus than anvil smurfette.....
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Heard OF them. Never actually heard them though.
Back to top Go down

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm

krokus wrote:
Have 3 demos by them, DEMO 84 and two from 83. Not bad but nothing special to me. ANVIL B.ITCH were far better 🤘

Awesome, krokus.

Heh, Anvil B-itch are indeed the better band (love those old New Renaissance Records thrash bands) but I really liked what little I heard from Anvil Chorus too.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm

decapitate wrote:
krokus wrote:

Awesome, krokus.

Heh, Anvil B-itch are indeed the better band (love those old New Renaissance Records thrash bands) but I really liked what little I heard from Anvil Chorus too.

Yes, ANVIL CHORUS were not bad, i agree. They had a NWOBHM touch to their early songs but i am happy you agree that ANVIL B-ITCH were better 🤘 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anvil Chorus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anvil Chorus   Anvil Chorus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anvil Chorus
Page 1 of 1