Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Castle (US)

Go down 
+3
MoonChild
Eyesore
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:29 am

I freakin love this band. Uptempo mid-paced doom with traditional heavy metal melodies. Anyone else dig this kind of thing?

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:13 am

Hell yeah! I posted about them before, probably in one of those pot luck threads. But yeah, their two albums are outstanding. Guess they're gearing up to record album #3 soon, too.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:33 am

Nice, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:28 am

I really like In Witch Order. But Blacklands didn't stick with me for some reason.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm

nevermore wrote:
I really like In Witch Order. But Blacklands didn't stick with me for some reason.

I prefer the 1st album myself, but Blacklands in no slouch either. I just had to give it a few more listens. It's not at all different from In Witch Order.

Eyesore wrote:
Hell yeah! I posted about them before, probably in one of those pot luck threads. But yeah, their two albums are outstanding. Guess they're gearing up to record album #3 soon, too.

I must have missed that. Those threads generally have so many people just throwing their faves out, it's easy to miss something. Even while posting this thread I guessed that you'd be one of the few who would be into it. I am really looking forward to the next one.

I've been on a female doom kick lately. Castle, Serpentcult, Acid King, Jex Thoth, Witch Mountain, Broken Anatomy, The Wounded Kings, Blood Ceremony, Windhand, etc.

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:52 pm

mc666 wrote:

I've been on a female doom kick lately. Castle, Serpentcult, Acid King, Jex Thoth, Witch Mountain, Broken Anatomy, The Wounded Kings, Blood Ceremony, Windhand, etc.

Not necessarily doom but I would also recommend checking out Black Moth and Purson.  Black Moth has some doom elements and you can also tell they like Soundgarden and Queens Of The Stone Age.  Purson is more retro psych-rock (and one of my favorite new bands in several years - hence the avatar).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:03 pm

I went on a real kick with female fronted bands, but their aren't many that fully go the doom route, this is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Not necessarily doom but I would also recommend checking out Black Moth and Purson.  Black Moth has some doom elements and you can also tell they like Soundgarden and Queens Of The Stone Age.  Purson is more retro psych-rock (and one of my favorite new bands in several years - hence the avatar).

I've just put The Killing Jar & The Circle And The Blue Door in my download queue. Thanks.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:34 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I must have missed that. Those threads generally have so many people just throwing their faves out, it's easy to miss something. Even while posting this thread I guessed that you'd be one of the few who would be into it. I am really looking forward to the next one.

Yeah, those are what I like to call the one-upper threads, where people just ignore previous posts, never discuss bands, and just post videos to "one up" previous videos posted. Shame.

Anyway, lots of great bands listed there. I'll have to check out Broken Anatomy and The Wounded Kings, though; never heard them before. While I do that, you should check out Mist and Second Grave.

Mist have just two songs out, and these girls are young. They still need some work, but their demo is quite good despite this. Looking forward to whatever they put out next, if they do. Second Grave is local to me. The singer is Krista Van Guilder, who is a big of a local legend in the metal community around here. Either way, great stuff.

And no, I didn't just try to one up you. Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 am

mc666 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I prefer the 1st album myself, but Blacklands in no slouch either. I just had to give it a few more listens. It's not at all different from In Witch Order.

Eyesore wrote:

I have been meaning to check out The Wounded Kings. And I also need to check out more of Mist that Eyesore posted about. I picked up the Second Grave release last year and it's really good!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:49 pm

nevermore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Eyesore wrote:

I have been meaning to check out The Wounded Kings. And I also need to check out more of Mist that Eyesore posted about. I picked up the Second Grave release last year and it's really good!

headbanger 

Mist only have two songs, so there's not much to check out. Well, you could check them out. Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Eyesore wrote:

headbanger 

Mist only have two songs, so there's not much to check out. Well, you could check them out. Haha.

Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, those are what I like to call the one-upper threads, where people just ignore previous posts, never discuss bands, and just post videos to "one up" previous videos posted. Shame.

Anyway, lots of great bands listed there. I'll have to check out Broken Anatomy and The Wounded Kings, though; never heard them before. While I do that, you should check out Mist and Second Grave.

Mist have just two songs out, and these girls are young. They still need some work, but their demo is quite good despite this. Looking forward to whatever they put out next, if they do. Second Grave is local to me. The singer is Krista Van Guilder, who is a big of a local legend in the metal community around here. Either way, great stuff.

I have that Mist & liked it pretty good. Second Grave will be new to me. I just bought their self titled on bandcamp. I wasn't going to pay $5 for two songs on the other one.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I have that Mist & liked it pretty good. Second Grave will be new to me. I just bought their self titled on bandcamp. I wasn't going to pay $5 for two songs on the other one.

If you're interested, you can nab the 10" of the latest EP, which comes with a digital download, from their website.

http://www.secondgrave.com/merchandise

Of course, it's also kind of pricey.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:16 pm

By the way, The Wounded Kings is awesome!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 am

I saw them open for The Sword here in Abilene. They put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 am

I'm not big of female-fronted bands, but I could dig some more of this. Sounds cool.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 am

Eyesore wrote:

If you're interested, you can nab the 10" of the latest EP, which comes with a digital download, from their website.

http://www.secondgrave.com/merchandise

Of course, it's also kind of pricey.
I think I'm gonna snag the rest of it too. I really like that self titled.

S.D., I love Black Moth. That's some tasty stoner.

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 am

mc666 wrote:

Cool. They have already finished recording the followup record, will be out later this year.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Cool.  They have already finished recording the followup record, will be out later this year.
I'm really looking forward to this one. I love that first album. Land of the Sky is probably one of my recent favorite songs.

Sponsored content

Castle (US) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle (US)   Castle (US) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castle (US)
Page 1 of 1