Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantom Warior are back !

Go down 
+10
Short-Fuse
sovdat
krokus
exact33
Zdan
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
mlotek
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

The only reason I've heard of Fantom Warior is from a review on classicthrash.com I read. The reviewer gave about an average review of the music and completely panned the cover art.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Uh, saying Violent Playground is superior to Xentrix, Realm, Tankard or Hobbs Angel of Death is wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start...

Seriously dude, even Savage Thrust are better than Violent Playground Laughing 

Nothing can top Killen though, except Trash Queen maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:56 am

I've heard that Fantom Warrior album. It's alright if rather unremarkable. You sure wouldn't claim it was a classic by any stretch of the imagination. I find it rather funny how a lot of these old underground bands are coming out of the woodwork these days.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
Not every thrash album from that time period was gold.

This is a bit of a high horse of mine! In '87 the thrash scene was still a huge underground movement with highly clued up fans. The tape trading scene was completely world wide and if a band was doing something cool, the fans knew about it and bought the records as they came out. I would love to see the first week figures for albums like The Legacy, The Ultra Violence or Scream Bloody Gore I'll bet that they are huge by todays' standards for a debut metal release. I don't think that there is a wealth of forgotten gems in 80's thrash. If it went ignored, there was usually a good reason.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:56 pm

http://electricassaultrecords.bandcamp.com/album/morbid-invasion
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Sounds good. I hope there is a proper 1986+1987 cd re-release, and hopefully not with the artwork from their facebook page...

Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 560325_332265800177458_836674858_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantom Warior are back !
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2