Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantom Warior are back !

Go down 
+10
Short-Fuse
sovdat
krokus
exact33
Zdan
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
mlotek
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Fantom Warior are back ! Empty
PostSubject: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Oldschool 1980s thrash metallers Fantom Warior are back !

Retribution

Fantom Warior are back ! VillainsFantomWarrior_zps7b713e73

https://www.facebook.com/FantomWarior

Fantom Warior are back and playing concerts again !
saturday december 14th
at
the acheron
57 waterbury street
bushwick brooklyn ny

OCCULT BURIAL
FANTOM WARRIOR
VILLAINS
ONE MORE TBA

TICKETS:
http://www.ticketfly.com/event/423575-occult-burial-throaat-tba-brooklyn/

Fantom Warior released some powerful, raw, thrash metal on the (1986) Morbid Invasion Demo tape, and the (1987) Fantasy or Reality album.

They are planning to re-release limited editions of their album on vinyl, and CD, plus new merchandise including t-shirts in 2014.
When they say limited edition and to keep watching and get in touch with them, I guess they are doing it out of their own pockets.

https://www.facebook.com/FantomWarior

I am excited about this, as they were a great band like DEATHRASH, and they both should have been as popular as NUCLEAR ASSAULT.

Now is one of those times I wish I lived down there to see them play live onstage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm

and they still don't have spellcheck!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Somebody's bound to say it, so I might as well be the first:

...who??  scratch

Seriously, if they're New Yorkers, it's weird that I'm right next door in New Jersey and I never even heard of these dudes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Right on! Oh, wait...who?

Can't say I've ever hear of this band.

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 pm

At least we have another candidate for a worst band names list.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...who??  scratch

Seriously, if they're New Yorkers, it's weird that I'm right next door in New Jersey and I never even heard of these dudes.

I hear they used to open up for Killen back in the day........
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

...who??  scratch

I bet they did. Laughing very hard With Pythian, Supremacy, Slaughtered Grace, and Savage Thrust near the top of the bill, and Heathens Rage headlining. (Anyone outside of the NY/NJ corridor have a clue what I'm talking about? Ehhh, probably not.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I only know Savage Thrust out of all those band names, because they were in the same fanzines and magazines and tape trader lists back then.,
but in the last few years, also heard Heathens Rage.

I was as much into trading/copying demo + live tapes as I was into buying vinyl in the late 1980s.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Savage Thrust

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

The real question is how they stack up alongside Tad Donley's Warrior.  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

...who??  scratch

I bet they did. :lmao:With Pythian, Supremacy, Slaughtered Grace, and Savage Thrust near the top of the bill, and Heathens Rage headlining. (Anyone outside of the NY/NJ corridor have a clue what I'm talking about? Ehhh, probably not.)

Perhaps we could put Tantrum on the line-up as well.  headbanger 

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The real question is how they stack up alongside Tad Donley's Warrior.  Twisted Evil 

pffffft! No one is as good as Tad's Warrior. Not even The Geoff can compare.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Savage Thrust

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

Infidel! How DARE you laugh at Savage Thrust? They are tr00 arcane N00 York Steele! METAL THE PAINFUL WAY!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Funny thing I seem to be the only guy here who heard of those guys before and...I like their album a lot. Some cool US thrash here with a wild punk edge. I will gladly get the re-relase if it's available on CD (no CDR).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:32 pm

is this really Killen in disguise??

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 am

I know about FANTOM WARIOR but i dont own anything. I hope their is not only one original band member in the band because to me that would be more a tribute to FANTOM WARRIOR band. Thats the problem with many of the bands playing on HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR or KEEP IT TRUE. One or two original band members, a total disaster. For exemple when i saw CLOVEN HOOF, AVENGER (UK), HOLOCAUST(UK), etc...it was just bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to play their 80s stuff on vinyl home but i prefere to follow the NWOTHM bands of today like CAULDRON, HOLY GRAIL, or STRIKER, all original band members  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 am

krokus wrote:
I know about FANTOM WARIOR but i dont own anything. I hope their is not only one original band member in the band because to me that would be more a tribute to FANTOM WARRIOR band. Thats the problem with many of the bands playing on HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR or KEEP IT TRUE. One or two original band members, a total disaster. For exemple when i saw CLOVEN HOOF, AVENGER (UK), HOLOCAUST(UK), etc...it was just bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to play their 80s stuff on vinyl home but i prefere to follow the NWOTHM bands of today like CAULDRON, HOLY GRAIL, or STRIKER, all original band members  Laughing very hard 

Many times it's one or two people in a band that were the driving force of that band. The guys that wrote the songs, did all the PR, scheduled the practices, booked gigs, etc. In Ultimatum that was always myself and Robert Gutierrez. It's not that the other guys don't matter, they do. But it's hard to hold onto band members when it's just about the music and there is no money to be made. That Cloven Hoof, Angel Witch or Tokyo Blade keep kicking out records or doing shows with only one original member is just the way it is.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:06 pm

I have listened to their Fantasy or Reality album a couple of times, but I HARDLY remember any off it... It seems that just about every old (thrash) is about to reunite someday, good or bad ... Yeah, many of those Keep it True reunions are hardly reunions at all, in some cases it's just the singer + German cover band (like Griffin or Savage Grace), and that's hardly even a band in my opinion. Anyway ... Smile I hope that they'll be releasing that album as a proper CD, not CD-r.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
is this really Killen in disguise??

Only Syrus would know for sure and he don't come 'round here no more. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 am

I've downloaded their stuff a long time ago based on what I read on www.classicthrash.com. The reason very few of you fellows have heard of them is because they are quite unremarkable, similar to fourth-tier thrash like Quick Change, E-X-E, Defiance, or Vectom. Fantom Warior are not horrible, just decidedly mundane.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:17 am

Short-Fuse wrote:
I've downloaded their stuff a long time ago based on what I read on www.classicthrash.com. The reason very few of you fellows have heard of them is because they are quite unremarkable, similar to fourth-tier thrash like Quick Change, E-X-E, Defiance, or Vectom. Fantom Warior are not horrible, just decidedly mundane.

Fourth-tier is being generous.......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 am

I like Quick Change and Defiance.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:43 am

Short-Fuse wrote:

I would never put Defiance in that category - their albums were solid second-rate Bay Area thrash efforts. The debut Quick Change album is pretty good and the debut E-X-E album is some great power/thrash. Vectom are not even a thrash metal band.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Zdan wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:

I would never put Defiance in that category - their albums were solid second-rate Bay Area thrash efforts. The debut Quick Change album is pretty good and the debut E-X-E album is some great power/thrash. Vectom are not even a thrash metal band.
"As an authentic early example of speed/thrash metal, Vectom's Speed Revolution is about as old school as reasonably possible."-classicthrash.com. Anyways, it's splitting hairs. My point being, not everything from the eighties was amazing, there were a plethora of thrash that was just downright forgettable acts such as Xentrix, Realm, Tankard, Hobbs Angel of Death and many others. Bands like Sindrome, Ulysses Siren, Defender, Violent Playground were just as obscure but had memorable contributions to the genre. Of course it's all a matter of taste. Not every thrash album from that time period was gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantom Warior are back !   Fantom Warior are back ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantom Warior are back !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: