Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Walker dead at 40

Go down 
+6
Vexer6
Addy
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Required Fields
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Paul Walker dead at 40 Empty
PostSubject: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:26 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25173331

Very sad news. R.I.P. Paul Walker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Saw that - RIP.... Another movie star that died too young.... Considering the movie series that made him famous, it's ironic that he died in a car crash in a fast car....

That said, the movies were fun - nothing you really remember afterwards, but still worth watching if it's on TV or Netflix. I wonder how his death effects the next movie in the series - read he had less than 2 weeks of filming to go.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I would imagine they will write his scenes out of the script if he still has scenes left.

If they make an eighth movie in the series, they could replace him with another actor (maybe Chris Pine from the Star Trek movies; he's the most similar looking actor to Paul Walker I can think of) or they can have his character being referenced as being killed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

I really can't say much about him except he died too young,sadly. I don't think I've ever seen any of his films.

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:24 pm

I've only seen one of the "Fast & Furious" movies, and I have no idea which one it was -- so honestly I'm not all that familiar with his work. Still, that's a shame.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 am

not a fan of the fast and furious series.... but I gotta ask what in the hell was he doing going excessively fast?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:22 am

Addy wrote:
not a fan of the fast and furious series.... but I gotta ask what in the hell was he doing going excessively fast?
He was the passenger in the vehicle.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 3:31 pm

This is just horrible, I can't stop thinking about it, dosen't help that my cousin also died in a car crash.
Required Fields wrote:
I would imagine they will write his scenes out of the script if he still has scenes left.

If they make an eighth movie in the series, they could replace him with another actor (maybe Chris Pine from the Star Trek movies; he's the most similar looking actor to Paul Walker I can think of) or they can have his character being referenced as being killed.
Most of his scenes were actually shot, so I think it's far more likely that his character will be said to have "retired" from the lifestyle with his family.

I definitely don't think they're going to reference his character as being killed though, as I can't imagine the rest of the cast would be comfortable with acting out a scene like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Walker still had some scenes in Atlanta to shoot and the entire cast was headed overseas in January to film some more racing sequences. According to The Hollywood Reporter the studio and James Wan (director) had a meeting yesterday to discuss what re-writing will be necessary to complete the film and how much of a delay it will cause with the production. The film has a firm release date for July 2014 which doesn't give them much time to complete as it will probably require 4 to 5 months of post-production and VFX work.

The more interesting question is how they will market the film since Walker's death was more than just a little ironic considering the subject matter of these films.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
Walker still had some scenes in Atlanta to shoot and the entire cast was headed overseas in January to film some more racing sequences.  According to The Hollywood Reporter the studio and James Wan (director) had a meeting yesterday to discuss what re-writing will be necessary to complete the film and how much of a delay it will cause with the production.  The film has a firm release date for July 2014 which doesn't give them much time to complete as it will probably require 4 to 5 months of post-production and VFX work.  

The more interesting question is how they will market the film since Walker's death was more than just a little ironic considering the subject matter of these films.
Yeah I heard about that, the scenes he had to film Jordana Brewster will probably be the most akward to get around, they could do what the filmmakers of The Crow did to get around Brandon Lee's death and use a body-double and CGI for those scenes.

The racing sequences have been filmed(with Atlanta doubling for Dubai) they mainly needed to shoot in Abu Dhabi for the establishing shots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

According to The Hollywood Reporter filming for the next Fast film has been delayed indefinitely.

At this point it will be up to the studio and the insurance company to decide whether it will be more cost effective to scrap the film entirely or re-cast, re-write and possibly start over from scratch. Most likely the insurance company will agree to letting the film continue because if they write it off right now they will be on the hook for all the money spent on the production so far, however whatever the insurance company decides the studio will have to follow.

One of my insider Hollywood friends said that he believes that if they decide to complete the film that all of Walker's scenes will be removed, a new character will be written and a new actor cast. He said most of the people he's talked to involved with that studio believe that releasing the film with the parts that Walker already filmed would be in bad taste considering how he died.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm

S.D. wrote:
According to The Hollywood Reporter filming for the next Fast film has been delayed indefinitely.

At this point it will be up to the studio and the insurance company to decide whether it will be more cost effective to scrap the film entirely or re-cast, re-write and possibly start over from scratch.  Most likely the insurance company will agree to letting the film continue because if they write it off right now they will be on the hook for all the money spent on the production so far, however whatever the insurance company decides the studio will have to follow.  

One of my insider Hollywood friends said that he believes that if they decide to complete the film that all of Walker's scenes will be removed, a new character will be written and a new actor cast.  He said most of the people he's talked to involved with that studio believe that releasing the film with the parts that Walker already filmed would be in bad taste considering how he died.  
Scrapping the film entirely is the absolute worst possible solution, it's a horrible idea that the rest of the cast would never go for in a million years(especially Vin Diesel), they would most likely use their escape clause and walk away from the film completely, then Universal would REALLY be screwed.

Cutting Walker out of the film entirely would be the ultimate act of disrespect to him and the rest of the cast, fans would boycott the film in droves and likely pirate the film as an act of protest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:11 pm

There is no "escape clause" from an actors contract, they will do whatever the studio tells them to do if they want to get paid.

At this point Universal would not be screwed, the insurance company would be screwed because Walker's death puts them on the hook for paying for the film.

There is no way the film will be scrapped entirely because the franchise is worth too much money, I guess we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do with Walker's footage.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
There is no "escape clause" from an actors contract, they will do whatever the studio tells them to do if they want to get paid.  

At this point Universal would not be screwed, the insurance company would be screwed because Walker's death puts them on the hook for paying for the film.  

There is no way the film will be scrapped entirely because the franchise is worth too much money, I guess we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do with Walker's footage.
This was a special situation though, i've been following this film since the beginning and I know for a fact that Universal actually has a built-in escape clause for the cast, that was done in case director James Wan did not perform up to par for whatever reason, but now in theory they could use the escape clause to leave the film entirely, they probably would do that, or at least threaten to do so if the producers even hinted at scrapping the film entirely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Those knuckle-dragging, neanderthal morons at Westboro Baptist Church have decided to protest Paul Walker's funeral (whenever it's scheduled).

http://jalopnik.com/westboro-baptist-church-assholes-plan-paul-walker-funer-1474776031

Isn't it about time somebody takes that church out with a flame-thrower? I'd like for all the members of the Westboro Baptist Church to find out what it's really like in the afterlife as soon as f*cking possible.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
Those knuckle-dragging, neanderthal morons at Westboro Baptist Church have decided to protest Paul Walker's funeral (whenever it's scheduled).  

http://jalopnik.com/westboro-baptist-church-assholes-plan-paul-walker-funer-1474776031

Isn't it about time somebody takes that church out with a flame-thrower?  I'd like for all the members of the Westboro Baptist Church to find out what it's really like in the afterlife as soon as f*cking possible.

I'm all for it. I notice the one # is "WhosNext". Hopefully every last one of those bastards of that "church".
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

S.D. wrote:

Isn't it about time somebody takes that church out with a flame-thrower?  I'd like for all the members of the Westboro Baptist Church to find out what it's really like in the afterlife as soon as f*cking possible.

Someone actually did plan to murder them a few years back but the cops caught on to the guy before he could carry out his plan, too bad, that's one massacre nobody would be too upset over.

I'll bet Vin Diesel would make those assholes beg for mercy if they dared to show their dirty faces at the funeral.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:26 am

S.D. wrote:

Wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:50 am

I saw a commercial last night for the dvd release of the latest Fast & Furious that stated a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the dvd/blueray/digital download will got towards some Paul Walker foundation.

Seems like a nice idea in theory, but the cynic in me thought it seemed rather crass to try and cash-in on dvd sales with a cheap stunt like that.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 am

I've never seen any of his Fast & Furious films. I know him from the movie Joyride.  

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 am

Troublezone wrote:
I've never seen any of his Fast & Furious films. I know him from the movie Joyride.  

R.I.P.

I've only seen one "F&F" movie myself, I remembered him from "The Skulls"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Running Scared was an insane movie, and his best performance. I've never seen a movie go so OTT while maintaining coherency, character, and creativity. Highly recommended.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:14 pm

He was also very good in Pawn Shop Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 am

S.D. wrote:
One of my insider Hollywood friends said  

Really. Did your insider Seattle friends also tell you that El Duce had a big shotgun?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 am

Until just now, I had no clue who Paul Walker was. But SgtHicks showed me a preview for Running Scared that looks pretty interesting! I always thought Running Scared was a Billy Crystal/Tapdancing-dude movie. Gonna look into now though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Walker dead at 40   Paul Walker dead at 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Walker dead at 40
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next