Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is crap!

Go down 
+2
Shiney
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Police Attack Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr UNPROVOKED

https://www.youtube.com/v/qiradcejA6

WASHINGTON - September 10 - Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr.,
president of the Hip Hop Caucus, was attacked by six capitol police
today, when he was stopped from entering the Cannon Caucus Room on
Capitol Hill, where General Petreaus gave testimony today to a joint
hearing for the House Arms Services Committee and Foreign Relations
Committee on the war in Iraq.

After waiting in line throughout
the morning for the hearing that was scheduled to start at 12:30pm,
Rev. Yearwood was stopped from entering the room, while others behind
him were allowed to enter. He told the officers blocking his ability to
enter the room, that he was waiting in line with everyone else and had
the right to enter as well. When they threatened him with arrest he
responded with "I will not be arrested today." According to witnesses,
six capitol police, without warning, "football tackled" him. He was
carried off in a wheel chair by DC Fire and Emergency to George
Washington Hospital.

Rev. Yearwood said as he was being
released from the hospital to be taken to central booking, "The
officers decided I was not going to get in Gen. Petreaus' hearing when
they saw my button, which says 'I LOVE THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ.'"

Capitol
Police are not saying what the charges are, but an inside source has
said that the charge is assaulting a police officer. Rev. Yearwood is
scheduled to be transferred to Central Processing to be arraigned
tomorrow morning.

The incident was recorded by an observer and is available on YouTube WhyNotNews

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 6:14 pm

That is quite crap.....

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:23 am

was he a friend of yours?

sadly this stuff happens to regular people all of the time. especially people of color. him being a reverend wouldn't make much difference to a bunch of bully cops.

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 3:08 am

That link doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
That link doesn't work.

Weird. Worked when I posted it. I'll see if I can find it again.

ult
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:11 am

This one should work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiradcejA6o

I personally don't agree with the Reverend's views on Iraq and President Bush. However, this video is pretty disturbing.

Master Sailboat
mc666

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:09 am

after watching the video, he provoked the confrontation by refusing to comply with the officer. he even starts to resist when the officer tries to guide him along. i did not see a "football tackle" anywhere in that video. only multiple officers holding him down as he was clearly struggling to get back up.

it also looked like he was playing up the injury angle for the audience & camera. another Al Sharpton in the making.

i do agree with the Reverands views on Iraq & Dubya, but i don't see anything wrong with what the police officers did here.

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:13 am

mc666 wrote:
but i don't see anything wrong with what the police officers did here.
I agree. With the heightened security measures these days in the paranoid United States, I'm sure that the police were just following procedure.
Wait. I can't believe I just typed that. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:36 am

My thoughts - for whatever reason the Police were asking him to move away. He kept saying no, no and then made a physical and rapid move towards the door. I saw a multiple man takedown but nothing outlandish....definately not a "football" tackle.

Something anictdotal:

I know from experience with deranged/drugged/post-seizure/diabetic patients that when "taking down" someone - the more the merrier! The most tired I've ever seen 4 grown men was when we had a little 100 pound girl with a head injury fight us for 15 minutes all the way to the hospital. One or two people would have had to hurt her or themselves to keep her from flailing about dangerously so you get a man on each limb, one on the head and sometimes one straddling the torso. We didn't have enough to do all that but the four of us did our best and no one got hurt. At the end of the Ambulance ride, however, we were all exhausted and sweating profusely. This happens a lot and sometimes the Police are involved as well when our call is a crazed or potentially dangerous person. I've seen 5-6 men needed to safely take down one crazed person.....

Our #1 goal as Firefighters, Police, and EMS.......that's right, personal safety. Public safety is #2.....Safe property with calculated risks is #3. Remember what Sean Connery told Elliot Ness on the bridge in Untouchables? I don't have the exact quote but it was along the lines of "Make sure you go home each night".....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:57 am

So you all think that it's ok for the police to randomly tell a guy he cannot go into a public proceeding for no apparent reason then to take him down when he became irritated by their actions?

Well, I wasn't there so I guess I can't really say for sure. I can't really hear what the police told him or what his response was. I also don't know if he was "playing hurt for the cameras" or whether there was a good reason for them to not allow him to enter. It sure doesn't look good in the video though.

I'm actually suprised the media didn't play this one up a bit more.

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I'm actually suprised the media didn't play this one up a bit more.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are busy condemning radio hosts and rap lyrics to do anything to help this man.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Quote :
So you all think that it's ok for the police to
randomly tell a guy he cannot go into a public proceeding for no
apparent reason then to take him down when he became irritated by their
actions?

I don't think the above is OK...but we don't know the whole story or all of the dynamics in this situation. I reserve the right to change my mind if more info. comes out on this Wink. BUT, I stand by my "more is merrier" if and when action is to be taken.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
So you all think that it's ok for the police to randomly tell a guy he cannot go into a public proceeding for no apparent reason then to take him down when he became irritated by their actions?
you have no way of knowing that it was at random. he may have been denied access by someone higher up for a specific reason. the police may have just been trying to do their job & enforce that. he could have decided to do as the officers suggested & leave, he could have took other avenues to resolve this. however he chose to make a spectacle by disobeying the officers & trying to push his way in.

as for how it looked in the video... it didn't look bad at all. multiple guys held him because it keeps one individual officer from having to struggle & use more force as a result. it's actually much safer for everyone. as long as you do not resist, it would not happen.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
you have no way of knowing that it was at random. he may have been denied access by someone higher up for a specific reason. the police may have just been trying to do their job & enforce that. he could have decided to do as the officers suggested & leave, he could have took other avenues to resolve this. however he chose to make a spectacle by disobeying the officers & trying to push his way in.

as for how it looked in the video... it didn't look bad at all. multiple guys held him because it keeps one individual officer from having to struggle & use more force as a result. it's actually much safer for everyone. as long as you do not resist, it would not happen.

Yup, as I said, "I wasn't there so I guess I can't really say for
sure. I can't really hear what the police told him or what his response
was. I also don't know if he was "playing hurt for the cameras" or
whether there was a good reason for them to not allow him to enter." Hard to make a clear judgement. It just didn't look good when I first saw it. Of course my recent dealings with some officers, as described in the speeding thread, may be my reason for seeing it in a negative light.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:26 am

yeah i read what you stated. i was just responding to the first part of
your post which i quoted. i wanted to make sure that you didn't
actually believe that.

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 2:54 am

The sad thing is this wasn't shown any news channel because of the black cops. If those cops were all white this would be all over the news.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:20 am

mc666 wrote:
yeah i read what you stated. i was just responding to the first part of
your post which i quoted. i wanted to make sure that you didn't
actually believe that.

The first post I made was a quote taken from a news bulletin. I didn't write that in case anyone thought I did.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Wow, where do I start? The Bush Administartion has been one of the worst this great country has ever seen. How anybody cannot see this mans hypocracy is beyond me. What more can we expect? We live in sad times indeed.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Yes, yes it is!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is crap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is crap!   This is crap! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is crap!
Page 1 of 1