Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROCKABILLY

Go down 
+8
jettafiend
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
exact33
martinsane
brokentulsa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 4:40 pm

This is more of her solo rockabilly side...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Quote :
Might have to investigate that Kim Lenz too. Fiery red-head in a tight dress playing rockabilly? Yes please!!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm already enthralled by that Irish lass. Don't try to entangle me with a feisty red-head too! I can't afford it!!

What a Face

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:48 am

Neil Young even released an album of Rockabilly tunes in the 80's. I have this album, I bought it when it was new and still love it to this day. Ordered it from Columbia House when I was a kid and picked it up on CD when it was reissued about 10-15 years ago.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 pm

I've never heard the entire album, but I've always thought of that as almost a goof. Not that I doubt Neil's sincerity to a genre that I'm sure inspired him in his youth, but more of Neil's weird way of giving the finger to a record label that just wanted another hit record. "Let's see you promote this!! Ah-ha-ha-ha!!"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've never heard the entire album, but I've always thought of that as almost a goof. Not that I doubt Neil's sincerity to a genre that I'm sure inspired him in his youth, but more of Neil's weird way of giving the finger to a record label that just wanted another hit record. "Let's see you promote this!! Ah-ha-ha-ha!!"

Yes, that may have been the case he had a couple of oddball albums during that period but this is one that I enjoyed. Neil & The Shocking Pinks! He even played some of the songs live.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 10:28 pm

So the other day I was watching a documentary on the rockabilly lifestyle and to my surprise, one of the current rockabilly artists making a name for himself is Drake Bell, a former kid actor from Disney's "Drake & Josh".

While most Disney kid stars grow up and release shitty pop albums or smoke crack, Drake went back to the roots of Rock n' Roll and released an album of rockabilly tunes, featuring and produced by Mr. Stray Cat himself, Brian Setzer.

Here he is, covering the Kinks, because why not?

He may not set the world on fire with this type of music, but at least it's not another Ariana Grande.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 5:35 am

Wow that's cool. I always enjoyed Drake Bell, my oldest daughter was a fan of his from the Nick days and she would always ask me to download some of his songs for her. I'll mention this to her if I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROCKABILLY    ROCKABILLY  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROCKABILLY
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: