Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Conventions

Go down 
+3
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Good info here!

http://www.vinyltimes.com/record-shows.htm
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:22 am

Awesome info. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:33 am

Cool!Thanks Eyesore.
Back to top Go down

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 pm

Ult reminded about record shows when he posted that he went to one the other day. I used to get flyers for a show two times a year, but since I moved I haven't gotten the flyer in the mail. I'd completely forgotten!

So I did some research. Bad idea! Haha. There's three of them around here in the next few months. I need to save.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Thanks for link. Too bad none of them are going to be near me...

Only somewhat close one is in Atlanta. Oh well, I'm hoping to go to Japan later this month, and apparently there are TONS of used disc stores there!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:00 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Only somewhat close one is in Atlanta. Oh well, I'm hoping to go to Japan later this month, and apparently there are TONS of used disc stores there!!

Bring back that Uncle Slam CD for me! 🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 pm

I went to one here in RI in 2005 and it was an incredible letdown. There were no obscure/oop metal cd's or lp's, just a lot of 1950's stuff and old Beatles and Elvis records I had absolutely zero interest in. Thanks for the link though.
Back to top Go down

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:52 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Thanks for link. Too bad none of them are going to be near me...

If it's anything like S. Korea, you're going to want to bring a lot of money!
Back to top Go down

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:53 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I went to one here in RI in 2005 and it was an incredible letdown. There were no obscure/oop metal cd's or lp's, just a lot of 1950's stuff and old Beatles and Elvis records I had absolutely zero interest in. Thanks for the link though.
They're hit or miss. I've gone to them and spent a ton of money, and then the next it rolls through I spend nothing. It's always worth it to check them out, I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:29 pm

I used to go to a record convention in Wayne, NJ every month when I was still single, lived @ my parents' place and therefore had tons of $ to p*ss away on music... I got a LOT of good stuff there over the years. I haven't been to one since around 1999-2000 now, but I still get their post cards in the mail announcing every show!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:36 am

the sentinel wrote:

I go to them every few months here in Albuquerque. There are certainly plenty of Beatles/Elvis collectibles. However, every time I have gone I have found some great records or CDs. My last trip was very successful. Of course I was in a vinyl mood, so I was mostly looking for vinyl. However, I saw lots of dealers with some great CDs and lots of metal.

ult
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
They're hit or miss. I've gone to them and spent a ton of money, and then the next it rolls through I spend nothing. It's always worth it to check them out, I think.

I've been to quite a few over the years and have yet to be let down. I always come home with a huge stack of new music. I haven't been to one in a few years though, so who knows what I'd find. I'm not usually looking for obscure, just cheap.

I saw on the link that there will be a big one in Philly on Thanksgiving weekend, and it's real close to home as well. WOO-HOO!!
Back to top Go down

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Record Conventions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Conventions   Record Conventions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Conventions
Page 1 of 1