Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haken - The Mountain

Go down 
+6
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Eyesore
MetalRob331
corplhicks
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:01 pm

corplhicks wrote:
This is the kind of music I wish was truly popular these days.
Get that time machine fired up and set it for 1972.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
This is the kind of music I wish was truly popular these days.
Get that time machine fired up and set it for 1972.
Still working on it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 pm

I could happily live between 1967 & 1974, just keep looping it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
I could happily live between 1967 & 1974, just keep looping it.  
That's a good window, although I'd expand it just a bit to 1980. That way Van Halen can be in there for a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Yeah, I guess I could handle it going to 1980 so I can get a few more Steely Dan and Supertramp albums in there. Smile 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:28 pm

S.D. wrote:
Yeah, I guess I could handle it going to 1980 so I can get a few more Steely Dan and Supertramp albums in there.  Smile 
Of course, Aja!

Found this enjoyable romp today. Good quality:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm

I kind of hate the audience with their clapping, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Audiences only understand 4/4 time, so any progressive rock concert is going to have tons of off-time clapping.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Audiences only understand 4/4 time, so any progressive rock concert is going to have tons of off-time clapping.  

Very true. I refuse to clap at any concert even if the frontman encourages everyone to do so. I hated it whenever I did live music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm

However if you go to a jazz show it is courtesy to applaud after each member takes a solo.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
However if you go to a jazz show it is courtesy to applaud after each member takes a solo.  
I mean clapping to a song...or at least attempting to clap to a beat. Applause is cool.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Yeah, I guess I could handle it going to 1980 so I can get a few more Steely Dan and Supertramp albums in there.  Smile 
Of course, Aja!

8 strings, how on earth did the bands in the 60's & 70's ever get by on those darn measly 6 strings.

This is kind of curious, since I saw a 9 string Ibanez today and stared in awe afraid to touch it. Why, I wouldn't know how to play it. I've got enough to handle with my plain old 6.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 8:21 pm

journeyman wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Of course, Aja!

8 strings, how on earth did the bands in the 60's & 70's ever get by on those darn measly 6 strings.

This is kind of curious, since I saw a 9 string Ibanez today and stared in awe afraid to touch it. Why, I wouldn't know how to play it. I've got enough to handle with my plain old 6.  
Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but as a guitarist I hate anything with more than six strings. I can tolerate it in music, like here where the music is so good the lower end guitars don't matter too much, but playing it is downright annoying as sin. The feel and tone are just not my thing, and it's ridiculously popular these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I hate anything with more than six strings.
12-string acoustics have been around forever and sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
I hate anything with more than six strings.
12-string acoustics have been around forever and sound amazing.
Yes. Electric too. A whole different thing. A 12 string is played like a 6 string and is similar to a chorus effect. They can be tuned in various ways to suit the intended purpose. The strings are too close together to play individually (not that it hasn't be tried).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 pm

New song Darkest Light from their upcoming EP "Restoration".

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
New song Darkest Light from their upcoming EP "Restoration".  

Heard it earlier on Facebook. Great tune, but much shorter than the original version ("Blind") from their demo. They removed all the quirky, circus romp kind of stuff.

Either way, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Been listening to the new EP on YouTube--it's quite amazing. Crystalised is huge and sick.

For the life of me I can't find where to purchase this other than their website.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:47 pm

it is great. Too bad the only way to get a cd is to buy a record.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:59 pm

exact33 wrote:

What?? Insanity! I wouldn't mind the quality of vinyl, but my wallet would. Luckily the EP is on Spotify, so I'll just stick to that for now.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:40 pm

exact33 wrote:

No CD version? Pffft!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Haken is issuing the Restoration EP on a standalone CD release in September. So people that really enjoy those aluminum beer coasters can have one if they so desire. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
Haken is issuing the Restoration EP on a standalone CD release in September.  So people that really enjoy those aluminum beer coasters can have one if they so desire.  Razz

Glad I anticipated (hoped for) this and just downloaded the EP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:47 pm

I wasn't blown away by the EP which probably because of the older songs involved felt like a step backward after the marvelous "The Mountain". It's not bad, but probably my least favorite release they've done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haken - The Mountain   Haken - The Mountain - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haken - The Mountain
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3