Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Mountain

Go down 
+3
Zdan
Gilbert
chewie
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:21 pm

headbanger

Dark, psychedelic, organ-driven heavy rock!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Cool... It's a bit Cressida sounding.... I like.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:39 am

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 am

Bump...

Manny? Detuned? Trog??
Back to top Go down

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:41 am

Will check this out today, I heard mention of them recently and they are on my long list of bands to check out.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 pm

I have this album actually. Great modern take on hard psych and space rock. Reminds me of Hawkwind in places.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Bad-ass band! Both their albums are excellent. I recommend the double CD version of In The Future. There's a bit of an alternative/indie vibe running through their stuff, but it's still great.
Back to top Go down

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:17 pm

I dig it!!! On my ever-expanding want list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:44 am

Sounds promising. I might have to hear a little more than just this one song, but I like what I hear so far.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:19 am

Hmmmmm, listening to the sound clips on Amazon isn't filling me with much excitement. It's only 20-30 second clips, but I'm not hearing that same consistancy throughout. That song 'Evil Ways' seems to be a bit misleading as to the rest of the album.

Maybe I'm off here, but I think I'm gonna hold off on this one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm

New album is great, but way different. I would have called them prog before. Not sure if this album can be called that at all.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 pm

I checked them out last night and actually liked them, also they seem to be generating alot of critical buzz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:30 pm

manny wrote:
I checked them out last night and actually liked them, also they seem to be generating alot of critical buzz
Which is odd. But I'm not much in tune with the whole indie world, so I miss a lot.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 pm

That's been sitting in my in-box waiting for me to get in the mood. I've been listening to that sort of thing lately so I expect I'll be playing it soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Mountain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain   Black Mountain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Mountain
Page 1 of 1