Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhorder

Go down 
+14
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
SideShowDisaSter
Todd Jaymz
AchrisK
Required Fields
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
mc666
Rex
kmorg
Hamer12
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 pm

New song sounds exactly like Rob Dukes era Exodus. A little ironic after all the Pantera bashing over the years for supposedly ripping off Exhorder. Proof that no band is completely original...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 pm

A music video for "My Time" has been released:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 pm

Another new song has been leaked.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 7:13 pm

The new album came out today.

Did anybody here get it yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the album?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 7:55 pm

From what I’ve heard, it’s a good album. But I’m very surprised it got a 9/10 review on Blabbermouth.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The new album came out today.

Did anybody here get it yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the album?

Haven't picked it up yet. It's on my want list. Yesterday night i placed an order on Amazon for the new Midnight Priest and Metal Inquisitor cds and totally forgot Exhorder.

Will include it in my next order for sure.
Back to top Go down
sharatan777
Metal novice
Metal novice
sharatan777

Number of posts : 34

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 am

Always remember the dude in NY subway! Exhordaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Awesome comeback album! I like it better than their first two. It sounds like Rob Dukes era Exodus 2.0!

If Exhorder doesn’t stay together, Kyle Thomas would be perfect for Exodus!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Awesome comeback album! I like it better than their first two. It sounds like Rob Dukes era Exodus 2.0!

If Exhorder doesn’t stay together, Kyle Thomas would be perfect for Exodus!

Yes, it is an amazing album, with lots of similarities to Exodus. A great come back headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 9:40 am

Pat O’Brien has been hired to play with Exhorder!

I hope he stays for a couple albums, but this band has nothing but drama…

https://blabbermouth.net/news/exhorder-enlists-former-cannibal-corpse-guitarist-pat-obrien
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/exhorder-enlists-former-cannibal-corpse-guitarist-pat-obrien

And despite all of the problems he's had Pat hasn't lost any of his musical chops.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 1:31 am

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And despite all  of the problems he's had Pat hasn't lost any of his musical chops.

At this point, his skills are second nature to him. The guy is phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 7:23 am

I saw Exhorder with Dead Horse and Entombed in 92 and Exhorder kicked ass!!! Though Entombed ruled all!!! I have Always loved Slaughter in the Vatican and only a few songs off The Law.

I hate the Pantera comparison but it always sounded like they ripped off Exhorder though both sides claimed they didn't. I find that hard to believe. But everyone knows my immense disdain for Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 5:40 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I saw Exhorder with Dead Horse and Entombed in 92 and Exhorder kicked ass!!! Though Entombed ruled all!!!  I have Always loved Slaughter in the Vatican and only a few songs off The Law.

I hate the Pantera comparison but it always sounded like they ripped off Exhorder though both sides claimed they didn't. I find that hard to believe. But everyone knows my immense disdain for Pantera.

Yeah… I know about your disdain, but I don’t know why.
You claim to like Life of Agony’s River Runs Red (and that album had a ton of “groove” like Pantera. So it must be their personalities or image.  

I also thought maybe it’s the drums… but Sal Abruscato had the same “in the pocket” style as Vinnie Paul.

It’s a mystery (because you never have been clear about the reason why). I can understand you not liking them (like Machine Head). But you always use the word hate. I’m curious why they get that status?

Did you run into Vinnie Paul in Vegas and he was a jerk? Do tell! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 6:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
I saw Exhorder with Dead Horse and Entombed in 92 and Exhorder kicked ass!!! Though Entombed ruled all!!!  I have Always loved Slaughter in the Vatican and only a few songs off The Law.

You claim to like Life of Agony’s River Runs Red (and that album had a ton of “groove” like Pantera. So it must be their personalities or image.  

I also thought maybe it’s the drums… but Sal Abruscato had the same “in the pocket” style as Vinnie Paul.

It’s a mystery (because you never have been clear about the reason why). I can understand you not liking them (like Machine Head). But you always use the word hate. I’m curious why they get that status?

I saw Vinnie a LOT. Everywhere I went he was there. But I never talked to him because I had nothing to say to him. He always stared at me like he wanted to talk to me, but if he wanted to talk, he could have came to me. He didn't. I don't play that rock star shit with anyone. He was nice to everyone that met him though.I didn't hate him or anyone in the band... I just had nothing to say. It wasn't personal to them or him. I just hated every album every member of the band was ever on.

My hatred for Pantera is multifold. I never liked any of their songs. I didn't like the hard tough guy attitude and I am also the guy that hates everything super duper popular on principle. I never saw the appeal with them at all. Them being a glam band and saying they have always been hard... BAHAHAHAHA!!! I would have probably liked them better if they stayed like they were on the Power Metal album because I can actually tolerate that one. Key word there is "tolerate". There is a lot more to it, but I already sound like an asshole saying what I am saying. LOL

As for Life of Agony, I only like that 1st album River Runs Red. That album helped me through a LOT of shit. I had a bad life and went through a LOT of the same stuff that character did. Just in different ways. Yet I survived because it was a therapeutic album for me. But at the time I had heard it for the 1st time, I was contemplating suicide. I was planning on killing my ex-stepmother too. I was planning a lot more than that actually too. But I was at the lowest point in my life I had ever been in. Beyond depressed, beyond pissed off, beyond anything imaginable to any human mind. So yeah that album saved me!!! Keith's voice on that really made you pay attention. Sal was a solid drummer and the riffs on that were just damn cool. But everything fit into that picture they were putting out.

I am not a fan of groove metal at all really. There is groovy stuff, and then there is groove metal. I am just not into groove metal like most were or still are.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2022 6:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I saw Vinnie a LOT. Everywhere I went he was there. But I never talked to him because I had nothing to say to him. He always stared at me like he wanted to talk to me, but if he wanted to talk, he could have came to me. He didn't. I don't play that rock star shit with anyone. He was nice to everyone that met him though.I didn't hate him or anyone in the band... I just had nothing to say. It wasn't personal to them or him. I just hated every album every member of the band was ever on.

My hatred for Pantera is multifold. I never liked any of their songs. I didn't like the hard tough guy attitude and I am also the guy that hates everything super duper popular on principle. I never saw the appeal with them at all. Them being a glam band and saying they have always been hard... BAHAHAHAHA!!! I would have probably liked them better if they stayed like they were on the Power Metal album because I can actually tolerate that one. Key word there is "tolerate". There is a lot more to it, but I already sound like an asshole saying what I am saying. LOL

As for Life of Agony, I only like that 1st album River Runs Red. That album helped me through a LOT of shit. I had a bad life and went through a LOT of the same stuff that character did. Just in different ways. Yet I survived because it was a therapeutic album for me. But at the time I had heard it for the 1st time, I was contemplating suicide. I was planning on killing my ex-stepmother too. I was planning a lot more than that actually too. But I was at the lowest point in my life I had ever been in. Beyond depressed, beyond pissed off, beyond anything imaginable to any human mind. So yeah that album saved me!!! Keith's voice on that really made you pay attention. Sal was a solid drummer and the riffs on that were just damn cool. But everything fit into that picture they were putting out.

I am not a fan of groove metal at all really. There is groovy stuff, and then there is groove metal. I am just not into groove metal like most were or still are.

Thanks for the response. I’m sorry for what you had gone through with the depression and traumatic experiences. Glad you didn’t kill yourself. I understand that abuse can drive people to do terrible things. Not trying to get political, but you know about the school shootings etc… there is a mental health crisis. People use the guns as the scapegoat for ideological agendas.

As far as your opinion on Pantera. To each his own, I guess…
I just always wondered why you hated them. As far as the tough guy thing… it’s been said that Phil was trying to be “tough” like Mike Muir and Henry Rollins. I don’t really care. It’s just showbiz! It’s all just theater. Phil Anselmo has his demons. He claims that he was molested as a child. He probably adopted the tough act to compensate.

Even most of the satanic corpse paint characters are just normal people off stage. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 7:32 am

Exhorder is playing a free show to film a music video for the upcoming new album (their follow up to “Mourn the Southern Skies”). The first to feature former Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O’Brien.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/exhorder-to-film-music-video-for-first-single-off-upcoming-album

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2023 7:38 am

I’m still surprised that Kyle Thomas is proficient enough on guitar to be able to play the old songs (especially while singing at the same time!)

Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2023 4:08 pm

I never cared much for Pantera. Slaughter in the Vatican is a banger, though I really don't care much for their other output. I think Kyle is absolutely not the right fit for Trouble.I never listen to The Distortion Field , The Skull was way better.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2023 11:10 pm

John Madden wrote:
I think Kyle is absolutely not the right fit for Trouble.I never listen to The Distortion Field , The Skull was way better.

I totally agree!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exhorder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhorder   Exhorder - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhorder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2