Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldritch

Go down 
+3
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:25 pm

So that one Dream Theater discussion had some commentary that made me think of this band and how some people in there would dig them, corplhicks and MetalRob in particular.

Eldritch has always been "prog metal" in that particular you-know-what-to-expect sense, but have great songwriting and have also implemented "modern" stuff like more groove in ways I can stomach far better than say newer Symphony X, or Symphorce or whatever.

And this one is from the very early era when it was more 'traditional prog metal'..

Finally, they cover 'My Sharona' which is a lot of fun and no doubt would piss off a lot of people here..

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:51 pm

I have their Neighbourhell album from a few years back. Pretty good stuff, haven't spun it in awhile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh, yes. My first exposure to this band was the Burning vid. I couldn't get past the horrible visuals and lead singer's ridiculous facial expressions. Later on I started listening to their stuff and realizing how grand it was. Don't ever judge a band by their promotional materials.

Very tight songwriting, great production, and the music is stunning. One of the best prog metal groups working today.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Sorta like their first two. But they had too much Dream Theater and too little Fates Warning in their sound for me to really appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Like the first three a lot. After that they took a major nosedive.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am

I had a few of their discs that I picked up dirt cheap in the final fire sale days of Tower Records. I had never heard of them, but the covers looked cool and the stickers on the front intrigued me (ie: For fans of Bands X, Y & Z). They were deluxe versions with posters and bonus tracks and all kinds of neat packaging.

Good stuff, but not something I listened to regularily, so I eventually sold them off on ebay for much more than I paid for them.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Been listening to *Reverse* and Gaia's Legacy.  I will get back to you on what I think of these two albums.

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

The album Reverse has some stellar moments.. Bio-Trinity, Reverse, Bittersweet Penny, and Suffered Degree (very unique solo). These tracks seem to be more traditional metal in a sense with very few signs of Prog and I LOVE them...

Then there is Little Irwin and with this song we get to hear their prog influence in their work. This song im not too particularly fond of as it just doesn't seem to fit with the other tracks.. Where this album works is with the heavy groove based riffs and straight forward approach..

WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eldritch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldritch   Eldritch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldritch
Page 1 of 1