Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:36 am

Ever since I bought my first Japanese Led Zeppelin box set I've become quite obsessed with this type of packaging.

The Led Zeppelin box set was relatively inexpensive but other Japan-exclusive box sets cost an arm and a leg! I am considering selling off some chunks of my CD collection in order to start collecting Japanese imports - sounds perhaps crazy but I am a sucker for this stylish design the Japanese have...

Anyone else into this stuff? Also any suggestions / leads where I could purchase such box sets at more ... affordable prices...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 am

I've heard of them but have no idea what they are. LP Mini Sleeves? What's that? I mini LP? Or a CD? I have no use for CD's anymore. Moving backwards to vinyl. So if it is some type of vinyl I'd be interested in knowing more about it. iTunes or vinyl for me! Unless, of course, something catches my eye in the 5 dollar bin at WalMart but I'm pretty much done with CD's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 am

Post a pic so I know exactly what it is you're talking about.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Post a pic so I know exactly what it is you're talking about.
Yeah, I am picturing basically cardboard sleeves. Which I am not into at all.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Some of them are just glorified cardboard sleeves but some are actually real nice and almost book like.  The two Zeppelin albums I have are both real nice.  I love the inserts on these too.  Now if I could only read Japanese.

I got lucky a couple of years back as Hastings stores had some of these for three bucks.  Got the entire Blondie and The Band catalogues that way.  Even double-dipped for the Red Hot Chili Pepper ones too.

I don't collect them in the sense of searching them out - but if they are cheap I'll gladly grab 'em.

Amoeba online has a bunch.  And if you ever get to their LA store they have several racks of them.  Not cheap though unfortunately.  Their online price is certainly more affordable.  Also if you are looking for anything specific shoot them an email.  They've always been real cool with letting me know if they come across something I'm searching for.
http://www.amoeba.com/music/cd-and-vinyl/#/view-list/order-date/direction-desc/feature-9/page-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes   Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Mini-Lps / Promo Boxes
Page 1 of 1