Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Direction

Go down 
+11
Hadley
James B.
corplhicks
Lari
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
chewie
Boris2008
bgsully
MetalRob331
15 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Have a read Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/one_direction_fans_bash_the_who_youre_called_that_for_a_reason.html?no_takeover
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:53 pm

All I can say is wow. That's some funny shhhtuff right there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:00 pm

I thought the comment "There is a reason you're called The Who" was pretty hilarious... SO hilarious that The Who are still being played on radios all around the world and have left their mark on countless bands, including One Direction Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

One Direction will be forgotten in a few years...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Arguing with teenage girls is a very bad thing! If I can avoid it at all I do! Razz 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Arguing with teenage girls is a very bad thing! If I can avoid it at all I do! Razz 
It WILL make you go insane insane 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Heh. Kids are stupid. That's because they're kids.

If I'm gonna hate One Direction, I'd rather hate'em because of their blaspheme of a certain legendary band's t-shirt design..

One Direction Fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1

THE NERVE!!! angry One Direction 19976

Seriously, if I ever see anyone wearing this shirt, I *will* spit on them. Repeatedly.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Kids are stupid. That's because they're kids.
Most of their parents aren't that bright either. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Kids are stupid. That's because they're kids.
Most of their parents aren't that bright either.  Razz 
Good point.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

This phenomenon is no different to the days when Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls were famous. The quality of the music is as low as ever and the fanbase as fanatical. The only difference is there are more ways to express this fanaticism these days than there were in the late 90s. Artists also feed it by posting on tweeter, which seems to be the medium of choice where this interaction and outbursts take place.

Ultimately, it is still about the brief 15 minutes of fame which will soon elapse even for this generation of Backstreet Boys / Spice Girls. It's only a matter of time before the One Direction fanbase passes puberty and the One Direction group itself fades into obscurity. It is the fate of majority of industry manufactured pop groups.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 pm

It's not like the 70's or the 80's didn't have their share of pretty-faced pop stars selling records.

The Monkees? Milli Vanilli?
Back to top Go down

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Lari wrote:
It's not like the 70's or the 80's didn't have their share of pretty-faced pop stars selling records.

Shaun Cassidy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
This phenomenon is no different to the days when Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls were famous. The quality of the music is as low as ever and the fanbase as fanatical. The only difference is there are more ways to express this fanaticism these days than there were in the late 90s. Artists also feed it by posting on tweeter, which seems to be the medium of choice where this interaction and outbursts take place.

Ultimately, it is still about the brief 15 minutes of fame which will soon elapse even for this generation of Backstreet Boys / Spice Girls. It's only a matter of time before the One Direction fanbase passes puberty and the One Direction group itself fades into obscurity. It is the fate of majority of industry manufactured pop groups.
I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for this, Alex. You just brought me down to earth.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Yep and the next pre-fab group will step up to appeal to the masses. Sad, really. But totally expected.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:23 pm

I still want my Ultimatum "bobble-heads"

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 am

James B. wrote:
I still want my Ultimatum "bobble-heads"
They should have their own Saturday Morning Cartoon like the Beatles as well! Of course, since the band is too busy to play themselves, they'll just use voice actors (Scott will be played by James "Shredder" Avery, if he could pull off playing an Asian, he can certainly pull off playing a Christian metal singer).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 am

I watched this documentary this other day with all these British boy bands I never knew about, like BROS. That was ..something.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 am

They are just the latest face of manufactured pop, ready to be superseded by the next fad and continuing the commercial reality of style over substance. As a teacher and a parent, I'm aware of the band, but make it a priority to expose my children to a wide range of music so that this sort of music holds as little appeal as possible!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I watched this documentary this other day with all these British boy bands I never knew about, like BROS. That was ..something.
Bros.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:31 am

Lari wrote:

Well, I'll admit to being a big fan of The Monkees since I was a kid watching reruns of their TV show. I just saw them last week in Mesa. Great show.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Heh. Kids are stupid. That's because they're kids.

If I'm gonna hate One Direction, I'd rather hate'em because of their blaspheme of a certain legendary band's t-shirt design..

One Direction Fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1

THE NERVE!!! angry One Direction 19976

Seriously, if I ever see anyone wearing this shirt, I *will* spit on them. Repeatedly.
I find that to be quite offensive.

One Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Direction   One Direction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Direction
Page 1 of 1