Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?

Go down 
+19
krokus
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
iamrockerfun
mc666
bassman
BillRoxx
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
Boris2008
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
corplhicks
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
manny
James B.
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Empty
PostSubject: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I was going to see Zeppelin in Oakland, Calif. (1977) and we broke down in Fresno. I figured I'd catch a later date or the next tour and wasn't too butt-hurt. That ended up being Zeppelin's last US date EVER. So I got butt-hurt later on:lmao: 

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:18 pm

I had a female friend offer me to see Nirvana, her date backed out and I should have gone, but I was so sick of Nirvana thanks to MTV and radio ( and I am fan), I just had no desire to see them at that point. Of course about a year or so later we all know what happened.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Van Halen back in 07. I had to play piano for a friend who was in a musical competition.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm

I didn't have tickets in hand for any of the following but I still kick myself regularly for missing them....

I missed out on seeing King's X (Faith Hope Love era) in NYC due to a fall from a ladder earlier on the day of the show, which required a trip to the E.R. and several stitches in my right knee.

Also had to pass on seeing Wake of Magellan era Savatage cuz I was Best Man in a friend's wedding the day of the show. Considering how the guy's marriage turned out, I probably shoulda done him a favor and took him with me to see Savatage instead. Laughing very hard

Biggest regret is the last time Heaven and Hell came thru my area in '07 or '08, my brother was going with some friends and asked if I wanted "in," but I was too broke at the time so I said "Nah, that's OK, I'll catch them next time they come around." ... and of course, there was no "next time."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 pm

As far as had tickets:

This year - Iron Maiden in Stockholm..... started a new job this year, couldn't do the show (at least I will make up for it in Vegas and San Bernardino!)

Past:

Lots of show I should have gone too - lol! The one that comes to mind is Heaven & Hell. Saw them on the Metal masters tour, they then played Merriweather Post Pavillion a year or so later. The night before was Judas Priest - went to that show which was on a Saturday. Life gets in the way and I couldn't see Heaven & Hell....... it turned out to be RJD's 2nd to last show ever...........
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Iron Maiden in Sacramento last year. Bought the tickets, my wife suddenly had complications with her second pregnancy, so I stayed.

Her and I were also supposed to see Dream Theater in LA during their Systematic Chaos tour, but we were engaged at the time and couldn't afford the gas to travel (even though I spent a ton of money on the expensive seats).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Had tickets to see Aerosmith on the Permanent Vacation but got really sick with the flu.

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Iron Maiden Somewhere On Tour at Sacramento's Arco Arena in 1987. I was just a kid then and couldn't drive myself and my parents would never take me to something like that. I had a ride lined up (classmate whose parents were taking him and a friend) and a back-up ride (cashier at a record store called The Underground). Well, the classmate wanted me to pay him for the ride which I thought was lame and then the cashier didn't show up. I still have the ticket somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Megadeth, Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Kreator, Voivod, Cro-Mags Laaz Rocket & Virus Leeds 87 (Xmas on Earth)

I was ill! angry 

Voivod didn't play (visa issues) and Megadeth were a trainwreck (according to my cousin who did go) but still, I was mighty unhappy. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Slayer playing the entire Reign in Blood album back in 2010 - would have been my last chance to see Jeff Hanneman live. Couldn't go because I had a very bad case of tonsillitis.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I'll echo Heaven and Hell shows. Thought I'd go to see Dio as a solo act considering I didn't like then new album much. This man had so much energy I always assumed he would be tourning when he turns 80 or something. Half a year passes and he is no more.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I know a guy who had a ticket for Megadeth/Slayer/Testament but couldn't make it, unfortunately. Such a shame, as that show was amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:43 pm

I gotta get on this one, I have always wanted to tell this story. Been a Tesla fan forever but STILL have not seen them live! Had tickets once back in the late 80's early 90's and had a family emergency at the last minute and couldn't make it! Gave tickets to a friend!

I just finally had a chance to see them last year, bought the tickets, ready to go! ANOTHER urgent family issue came up that prevented me from going! I have seen hundreds of shows, go to concerts all the time, but for some reason God hasn't wanted me to see Tesla!

Hopefully some day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I missed Deliverance on the Stay of Execution tour.....I think Saviour Machine was opening.....my ride left town an hour earlier than he said he was going to......showed up at the meeting spot......everybody gone.

I still hate that guy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:18 am

Doro when she performed at Jaxx in Springfield, VA back in 2010. I was thrown in jail a few hours before the show began.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:51 am

mc666 wrote:
Doro when she performed at Jaxx in Springfield, VA back in 2010. I was thrown in jail a few hours before the show began.
Ouch!!!!!!!

I missed that show too - couldn't get child care for my kids........ I am hoping she comes back!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:32 am

ac/dc 2010 i had to flew bakc home fom france
scorpions 2009 dealed with friends and they left wout me
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 am

When I was in college I won free passes to see the Russian hair band Gorky Park's big deal debut gig on American soil at L'amour in Brooklyn ... at the time I knew nothing about the band, but ... hey, free show. Unfortunately I came down with a wicked stomach virus the day of the gig and couldn't go.

Based on this video evidence, it doesn't sound like I missed much. Basically they were a Russian accented Def Leppard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:17 pm

The only thing close for me was the time we had tickets to see David Lee Roth and he cancelled the show. I think it was around the Skyscraper album. Saw him a few years later supporting A Little Ain't Enough, so I don't feel like I missed out on much.

Although I didn't have tickets yet, the WASP/Motorhead tour was cut short before it hit my town, so I missed that one too. I've seen Motorhead a few times, so that wasn't a big loss, but I would've liked to catch WASP.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Ouch!!!!!!!

I missed that show too - couldn't get child care for my kids........ I am hoping she comes back!
You & me both.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Not Metal but... I had tockets to Chris LeDoux on his last tour before he passed and my Assistant Manager called in sick to work. As a General Manager of pizza joint, that means you are the on-call guy 24/7.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:39 am

ANVIL+RATT in Madrid. Finaly they canceled the tour because the singer of RATT had a hernia and needed to go to hospital.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 am

I did not have tickets to the show or anything, but my wife and me wanted to go and see Gary Moore doing a gig at a local outdoor venue. Just a small town soccer area, you know so small it didn't even have seats or benches. But seeing tthat our usual babysitters, the in-laws, were going to the concert, we could not go. That was a once in a lifetime opportunity, as I believe this was his last time in Norway before his untimely death.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Hammerfall and Death in Albuquerque. I can't remember what happened at the time, but I couldn't make it. Have had the chance to see Hammerfall again, but Chuck passed, so I won't ever get to see Death.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:26 am

Alice Cooper in St.Paul in 1978. My piece of crap '71 Dodge pick-up died at the bank on the way to buy tickets. That was one of about 200 times that pile of junk left me stranded somewhere. Probably every third trip out of the driveway would result in failure. It didn't like to run in damp weather. I haven't owned a Chrysler product since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?   Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert you had tickets for but couldn't make and why ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next