Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Gig

Go down 
+23
nevermore
CRIMSONMASK
bgsully
MetalGuy71
Dellocatus
krokus
mc666
stepcousin
Gryphon-kl
corplhicks
James B.
Leatherface
manny
thejokeriv
MetalRob331
bass63
Wurthless
Hamer12
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
chewie
Lari
Boris2008
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 am

REZ - sometime between 89-92ish. A friend of the family took me and it was a great show!....well REZ's part was, anyway. They were trying something new and had a crappy rap group open for them.
......man, did they suck! Laughing very hard

If my memory serves me; REZ played songs mostly from "Silence Screams" and Innocent Blood".  cool
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 am

Sha-Na-Na w/ Dr Hook, Blossum Music Center, Cleveland, OH 1977

1st Unchaperoned gig- Iron Maiden, World Piece Tour, 1983, Erie County(PA) Civic Center
Back to top Go down

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:29 pm

My first unchaperoned gig was Ratt w/Bon Jovi opening, August 9th 1985 (crazy, almost 30 years ago) at the Gulf Coast Colosseum in Biloxi, MS.

Ratt filmed the music video for You're In Love at that concert.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

My first show was .38 Special with Eddie Money at the Carowinds Palladium in '83. My first metal show was Ratt with Bon Jovi opening.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Growing up I attended several gospel band concerts with my folk and/or siblings.

Then I saw a bunch of local bands, like Artch and Witchhammer.

My first international gig was Metallica on the Load tour, and Kiss on the first reunion tour.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Journey with Point Blank opening...Pittsburgh Civic Arena in October, 1981. Tickets costs a whopping $9.75!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Journey with Point Blank opening...Pittsburgh Civic Arena in October, 1981.  Tickets costs a whopping $9.75!
Oh yes the days when going to see a band didn't require you to take out a bank loan! My first tickets that I paid for (Metallica/Anthrax 86) cost £5!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
My first unchaperoned gig was Ratt w/Bon Jovi opening, August 9th 1985 (crazy, almost 30 years ago) at the Gulf Coast Colosseum in Biloxi, MS.  

Ratt filmed the music video for You're In Love at that concert.
Wait...so is there a 0.001% chance you're in one of the shots?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am

S.D. wrote:
I never would have guessed that. I thought you always hated that hair band era.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 am

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

1st Unchaperoned gig- Iron Maiden, World Piece Tour, 1983, Erie County(PA) Civic Center
I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:34 am

6.6.2000 BNW Iron Maiden tour, since than i have 77 concerts gigs behind me (small+big together)
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I was forced to go to a Moody Blues concert by a friend. I knew nothing about them and thought they were a blues band. I was wrong. Also, the old hippies all yelled at us to sit down.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

First Gig - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Gig
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: