Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Gig

Go down 
+23
nevermore
CRIMSONMASK
bgsully
MetalGuy71
Dellocatus
krokus
mc666
stepcousin
Gryphon-kl
corplhicks
James B.
Leatherface
manny
thejokeriv
MetalRob331
bass63
Wurthless
Hamer12
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
chewie
Lari
Boris2008
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm sure that this is one that pops up again and again but I don't remember it since I've been on here.

What was your first gig? Was it cool, or were you forced to take your little sister to an Osmonds gig and you are still trying to recover your street cred! Laughing very hard 

Mine was this

First Gig Va-86m10

Wasn't supposed to be, I had tickets for Metallica/Anthrax a month later and that was going to be my first, but then we won tickets for this from the local newspaper so off we went.

Warlock, Motorhead and Ozzy were great, the rest not so much although I took an interest in The Scorpions as they had been firm favorites a few years previous and Def Leppard as it was Rick Allen's first gig post accident. The guys from Bad News are some of my favorite comedians from that era and beyond, but I wanted metal, not a joke band!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I can't quite remember, but local bands for sure. First "major" concert was Alice Cooper, I think.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Eddie And The Tide at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds with my mom and younger brother. A really cool local band that was a cross between Eddie Money and the Eddie and The Cruisers Soundtrack. Got free tickets to Greg Khin Band after that show was over and went the next day to that.

With friends: Metallica and Ozzy at The Cow Palace (Master Of Puppets/Ultimate Sin Tour)
Back to top Go down

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 pm

The Doobie Brothers with special guests UFO. October 5th, 1978 at the Roanoke Civic Center in Virginia. I was 8 years old.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Judas Priest's "Turbo" tour at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey, June of 1986. Dokken opened the show. I was sixteen years old and had the time of my life! headbanger 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
The Doobie Brothers with special guests UFO.  October 5th, 1978 at the Roanoke Civic Center in Virginia.  I was 8 years old.

The Doobie Brothers were mine as well, but a few years later, during their farewell tour in 1982.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Oak Ridge Boys when I was 5. Elvira had just come out & it was packed. My first metal gig was Whitecross in 89 I believe.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Kiss; I was 13 at the time. Pretty cool show, but I've never been a huge fan of them.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:52 pm

June 1979 Colorado Sun Day at Mile High Stadium. Denver Colorado

Ted Nugent, Heart, The Cars, UFO, The Rockets
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 pm

My first gig was when I was 15. We played a Firehouse with a bunch of other bands who were all punk.. We were called The Burning Orphans and had a whole setlist of original songs that of course no one knew. After that concert I realized I needed to start learning some songs to cover, as my death metal growls weren't going over real well with the crowd Laughing very hard 

I know this question isn't LITERALLY about my first gig, but I said it any way!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Stryper - To Hell With The Devil tour, Feb 26, 1987, Warner Theater, Washington, DC. Hurricane opened up
Back to top Go down

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil tour, Feb 26, 1987, Warner Theater, Washington, DC. Hurricane opened up
I think it's funny that we both went to that same concert. The main difference is that by that point I had already been going to concerts for 9 years.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
I think it's funny that we both went to that same concert.  The main difference is that by that point I had already been going to concerts for 9 years.
I know - pretty cool though! Loved that gig - form the moment Hurricane hit the stage, I was hooked on live shows.

My dad wouldn't let me go to concerts until that one (towards the end of my Senior year of high school) - at that point, it was off to every gig I could get to.......

26 + years later and it hasn't changed....... except I bring my kids to shows sometimes too. My son has seen KISS (his first show), Iron Maiden and Scorpions. My daughter to Scorpions. Next up for the kids Pat Benatar and Cheap Trick @ Wolftrap in a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 pm

First concert was at the Orange Bowl, dubbed the event The Rock Superbowl with Journey headlining, Aerosmith ( Jimmy Crespo line up ) and Bryan Adams as a support act, I was 12 years old
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Winger/Slaughter. KISS was suppose to headline, but cancelled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 am

First attended concert was me taggin' along with sister and boyfriend to Ontario Motor Speedway and catch the California Jam. Note:the co star act TBA in flyer below was ELP

First Gig CalJam_flyer

First pro gig in a band was at The Starwood in Santa Monica, Calif. (1979) Quiet Riot headlined with  The Boys, Dante Fox, and Lethal Dose opening.   Due to my age, I had to sit by the backstage door after our set in case the cops came.

Last edited by James B. on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:05 am

Roger Daltrey, Fresno Fairgrounds, sometime in the 90's, with John Entwistle.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 am

James B. wrote:
First attended concert was me taggin' along with sister and boyfriend to Ontario Motor Speedway and catch the California Jam

First Gig CalJam_flyer
God, I wish I had known you (and been alive). I watch that concert all the time on youtube. It looks like it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:01 am

First was a local battle of the bands (Drifter, Low Profile, Stormbringer) in 1985.
First by a band with a record deal was Law and Order, with Scrooge (a local band, although 'local' was completely different by then) opening, in 1989 or '90.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 am

June 18th 1981 Seattle Center Coliseum......Rush Moving Pictures Tour. Amazing, hooked me for life.
Back to top Go down

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 am

stepcousin wrote:
June 18th 1981 Seattle Center Coliseum......Rush Moving Pictures Tour. Amazing, hooked me for life.
LUCKY bastard! First Gig 19976 angry First Gig 875605 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:32 am

Pantera & Skid Row in 1993

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 am

I am a lot younger than most of you guys:lol!:  and my first concert was back in 1990. A spanish heavy rock artist ROSENDO. Later i saw a lot of local bands but my first big concert was back in 1992. METALLICA in Barcelona.
Today i am going to see VENOM, TESTAMENT, BARON ROJO, DORO, ANKHARA, KREATOR, PICTURE (NL) etc...at a spanish metal festival in the South. More than 20 years ago after my first big concert, still kicking some ass tonight. HEAVY METAL FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 am

Haha, this is going to be fun:

- First gig I remember: 2002 Gotthard. I was 9 years old back then
- Afterwards some more Gotthard gigs, cause these were the ones my father took me along to
- First "big" gig: 2009 AC/DC in the Olympic Stadium in Munich. Not too long ago, but it was a huge experience. I've been to all kind of concerts ever since. Must have been around 30 concerts in the last 4 years. Had to catch up a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am

First concert I believe was George Thorogood & the Destroyers, probably around '86 or '87. My friend's older sister took us to the Philadelphia Spectrum.

First concert that I went to unsupervised with just friends and no parental guidance, Huey Lewis & the News, probably around '88 or '89, also at the Spectrum.

First Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Gig   First Gig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Gig
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: