Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..

Go down 
+18
Shawn Of Fire
Sutekh
brokentulsa
corplhicks
Thrasher73
mc666
EmoElmo
Rex
James B.
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
bgsully
Orion Crystal Ice
MetallicSeminarian
Big Rich
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 am

I don't think it looks anything like Into The Pit...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't see it either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 am

Just a similar idea. Chained to a fire-y pit. The execution is way different. To me this looks like a Rob Rock album cover. Fits right in with Garden of Chaos and Holy Hell.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:28 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't see it either.
Ditto. Cool cover though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't see it either.
I see the similarities now that it's been pointed out, but I don't think I would've picked up on it myself. Being that it's Stryper, I would have looked at it once and said "New Stryper, huh? Cool cover. Next".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Just a similar idea. Chained to a fire-y pit. The execution is way different. To me this looks like a Rob Rock album cover. Fits right in with Garden of Chaos and Holy Hell.

Yea, now that you mention it....it does resemble something from Rob Rock. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't see it either.
Neither me. Just the concept revolving around the pit of Hell, which has a limited scope for images in a metal context. Agree on the Rob Rock comparison, though!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 am

If anything, they're ripping off themselves...THWTD had muscle-angles, chains, fire, a demon, etc...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

I think the Into the Pit creature resembles the Danzig skull logo.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Great Cover I think.Much better than the cover art for Second Coming.Hopefully the music inside matches.

Yeah, the art for Second Coming was TERRIBLE.

There was ART for Second Coming????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Great Cover I think.Much better than the cover art for Second Coming.Hopefully the music inside matches.
Yeah, the art for Second Coming was TERRIBLE.

There was ART for Second Coming????

By a VERY generous definition of the term.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:18 am

James B. wrote:
Well I believe the original "Too Hell With The Devil" cover was around before McFarlane did SPAWN ?
Yup it sure was. In fact when I first saw the new album cover my thought was "This is Stryper's best yet" followed by "This should have been the cover for To Hell With the Devil" I love the cover I dont care if it looks like anyone elses
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I don't see it either.
Ditto. Cool cover though.
Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..   Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper's album cover looks a lot like Ultimatum's Into The Pit..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2