Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Lordi Album Cover

Go down 
+7
iamrockerfun
exact33
kmorg
nevermore
snooloui
Smindas
JBall_Z
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New Lordi Album Cover Empty
PostSubject: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 pm

The Lordi album art was unveiled today. It kind of took me by surprise. It's either very cool or very very bad. I still haven't decided. It kind of reminds me of the "Ladies Room - Made In Sex" album cover. Anyway, I'm definitely buying the CD.

http://lordi.fi/gallery/-Covers/bfbcover_large.jpg

Actually, I think maybe he should have made the single the album, but only time will tell. What do you think?

http://lordi.fi/gallery/-Covers/heavymetalcover_large.jpg
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:57 pm

I actually quite like both of them. They're silly but the art is well done and it's all in tone with Lordi. However, the text - especially on 'This Is Heavy Metal' - is unforgivably bad.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Don't really like the album cover but it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't think it's a great album cover. But the music will hopefully make up for it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 am

LOL Both were really bad! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:27 am

At least they're more original than yet another band photo though.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Didnt care for either actually.

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:57 pm

kmorg wrote:

It's true. Maybe Mr. Lordi needs a vacation. New Lordi Album Cover Icon_smile On the flipside, the new song is excellent.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:59 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
kmorg wrote:

It's true. Maybe Mr. Lordi needs a vacation. New Lordi Album Cover Icon_smile On the flipside, the new song is excellent.

the new song is excellent. I hope they find another cover though...

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm

exact33 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Actually, do you think they will be able to use that cover in the states. It might be considered too graphic even though it is animated. They might have to hide it in a slip cover.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:05 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
exact33 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Actually, do you think they will be able to use that cover in the states. It might be considered too graphic even though it is animated. They might have to hide it in a slip cover.

in this day and age i dont think they will have a problem...

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:43 pm

cover is like Born Again of new century
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:41 pm

If they're going to try to use that cover art in the states, I bet it gets a slipcover. This is the same country that put a black wrapper over Andrew WK's "I Get Wet" album because he had a bloody mouth.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:41 pm

You guys had I Get Wet censored? But it's such a great cover, I have a giant poster of it on my wall Very Happy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Smindas wrote:
You guys had I Get Wet censored? But it's such a great cover, I have a giant poster of it on my wall Very Happy

Yep. Everything but the title was under black cellophane.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
If they're going to try to use that cover art in the states, I bet it gets a slipcover. This is the same country that put a black wrapper over Andrew WK's "I Get Wet" album because he had a bloody mouth.

That cover certainly won't fly in any Walmart store. For that matter, are any Lordi albums available in Walmarts? I'm not a fan of the band or the store, so I wouldn't know.

As for the covers themselves, eh, they aren't bad I guess. Seems to fit the Lordi image they go for.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 am

I didnt think any of the past studio album covers were all that bad. They were monster pics.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That cover certainly won't fly in any Walmart store. For that matter, are any Lordi albums available in Walmarts? I'm not a fan of the band or the store, so I wouldn't know.

As for the covers themselves, eh, they aren't bad I guess. Seems to fit the Lordi image they go for.
The Walmart near me had one Lordi cd at one time. They had it for what seemed like forever. Don't know if anyone ever bought it or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 am

Hmmm, in the "This is Heavy Metal" I can pick put Blackie Lawless, Dee Snider and Nikki Sixx...Any other ones missing?

Both are kinda stupid, I liked their other covers more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Lordi Album Cover   New Lordi Album Cover Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Lordi Album Cover
Page 1 of 1