Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio's 90s output

Go down 
+14
Boris2008
manny
candlemass
nevermore
Dark Horseman
mc666
Eyesore
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Lari
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
ZombieHavoc
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dio's 90s output - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio's 90s output   Dio's 90s output - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
From front to back, "Strange Highways" is the only DIO solo album I can listen to all the way through.  I'd probably have to say it is my favorite for that reason.  I think he did a good job of keeping his own style and making it more "modern" on this one.  Great production too.

"Holy Diver" and "The Last in Line" both start out very strong but the second half descends into pedestrian songwriting.

Overall, I think Dio was actually better collaborating with Iommi and Blackmore than he was on his own though.

I disagree with part of this statement, I do not think the second half of those discs descend into pedestrian songwriting but I do agree he was a better collaborater with Iommi and Blackmore.

Once again, Manny is correct!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Dio's 90s output - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio's 90s output   Dio's 90s output - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
From front to back, "Strange Highways" is the only DIO solo album I can listen to all the way through.  I'd probably have to say it is my favorite for that reason.  I think he did a good job of keeping his own style and making it more "modern" on this one.  Great production too.

"Holy Diver" and "The Last in Line" both start out very strong but the second half descends into pedestrian songwriting.

Overall, I think Dio was actually better collaborating with Iommi and Blackmore than he was on his own though.

I disagree with part of this statement, I do not think the second half of those discs descend into pedestrian songwriting but I do agree he was a better collaborater with Iommi and Blackmore.

Manny hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down

Dio's 90s output
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2