Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best concert you've ever been to?

Go down 
+26
tul
Gilbert
jstate
Wayne
trock67
SAHB Healer
Alex Dee Rokket
CRIMSONMASK
iamrockerfun
metalken
MoonChild
manny
BearOnUnicycle
jettafiend
Leatherface
corplhicks
Lurideath
brokentulsa
Boris2008
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
bgsully
bass63
RAIDwarden
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 am

top and probably never change:
U2 - 360* tour
---------------
Kiss - all
Alice Cooper - all
Bon Jovi - all
Ozzy - all
... etc.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:38 pm

metalken wrote:

Metallica, Metal Church - 1986

I saw Metal Church in 1987, they were incredible! Completely blew Crimson Glory & Anthrax off stage headbanger 
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

The Vandals/Flogging Molly 2007

Jealous! Cool 

The Vandals absolutely blew Flogging Molly off the stage. It was one high-energy intense show.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Any Maiden show

Ozzy/Metallica '86, Cleveland, OH & Erie, PA

Wrathchild America/Annihilator/Testament '89(?) Charlotte, NC

Ice-T/Bodycount '92 Myrtle Beach, SC

Anthrax/Fight/Seducer '94 Charlotte, NC

Metal Alliance 2013, Charlotte, NC

For me "Best concert" is relative to who I went with, events in & around that concert, how much fun I had, etc. All factor into what makes one show better than others, rather than just individual bands/performances.

Last edited by CRIMSONMASK on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:55 am

Unfortunately, since moving away from the inner city suburbs about 3 years ago I have not had the chance to go to any shows...

However, back in the day when I lived close to all the venues I would go to shows sometimes every weekend. There was a period in my life where I would spend pocket money on concert ticket and shirts... basically whatever band came in town that I liked I would go see. Australia has seen a massive influx of international metal bands' tours over the last decade or so.

The last shows I attended which I thought were downright awesome:

1. Iron Maiden (saw them twice once for the 'Live After Death' revisited tour and the other time on the Final Frontier tour where they played basically the exact same setlist as on the En Vivo live album);

2. Heaven and Hell (this was round 2007)

3. AC/DC (for the Black Ice tour - truly amazing)

4. Overkill

5. Anthrax with Joey Belladonna

6. WASP playing the entire Crimson Idol album
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm

I've posted this memory many times here...one more time...

March 1979, Bloomington MN. UFO supported by Judas Priest.
It was basically "Unleashed In The East" followed by "Strangers In The Night", more or less. Two of the greatest live albums ever, played back to back onstage. The arena was only half full.

Last edited by SAHB Healer on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trock67
Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:53 pm

1.) Anthrax, Exodus, and Helloween Headbangers Ball Tour 1989 at the Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh.
2.) AC/DC and Queensryche in Tuscon, AZ in '86. I was 18 and in the Army at the time.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Been to some epic gigs over the years but the 3 that stand out the most would be:

1. Iron maiden - 1999 ed hunter tour. Bruce and Adrian returning to the fold and just prior to brave new world being released they went out on a short tour in support of the ed hunter game and greatest hits package. Unfortunately there were no uk dates so me and a mate went over to Paris to catch the tour with the iron maiden fan club. Absolutely epic night and with no new album yet to promote the set list was a fans wet dream of classics. Megadeth were supporting on the risk tour but still played plenty of classics to wipe away the memory of the turd known as risk.

Saw them in Rotterdam the very next night on the same tour and it was equally brilliant but didn't quite have the same magic as the previous night with anticipation at fever pitch for the return if the air raid siren Smile

2: Metallica headline slot at download 2006. Started off well with some great classics then to everyone's surprise they went off stage quite early and all the lights went out. No one could work out what was going on then all of a sudden the sound of cannon fire came blasting from the stage and the big monitor above the main stage flickered into action with a voice over explaining that Metallica will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of master of puppets. Total surprise and before we could gather our thoughts the sound of battery came blasting out and they played the entire album. Awesome.

Never understood why Metallica managed to write crapfests like load, reload and st anger as they must not like the songs as all the times I've seen them live they never hardly play anything off these albums.

3: finally the big four at sonnisphere recently. All 4 bands were in good form and played brilliant sets. From start to finish total class and when they all jammed at the end I kinda felt sad that these great bands are closer to the end if their careers than the start. It felt like the end of an era.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Like someone mentioned earlier, for me it is the experience and everything that went with it that makes it "the best".

By far my favorite was Kix/Child's Play at the Leonardtown Ampitheater in the fall of 1989. Even at the time I realized it was the kind of show/night that 24 years later I would feel nostalgia for. The joys of youth. Kix at the time seemed on the verge of a huge breakthrough with "Don't Close Your Eyes" charting. Child's Play was signed and working on their album. Both were great, as always. What should've/could've been.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree with the experience making it the best. The Master of Metal definitely had the best bands as well as the best experience I've ever had at a show.

I really want to go to some HUUUUGE metal festival somewhere in the world some day before I die. I'm only 19 so I have my whole life ahead of me to accomplish this dream
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Not many concerts around here. I was very happy to watch Metallica live in oslo in 2007.

Best metal souvenir ever. Met some metalheads from Norway who were very nice.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Late non metal entry for both best gig and best frontman, I really didn't expect much when I saw these in 1995 (more than a decade after the hits had dried up) But they were brilliant, a real contender for most fun I have ever had at a concert! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 am

Overkill/Savatage in 1993!
headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Slayer w/ Gary Holt at Bang Your Head festival 2011
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Slayer - Rock City Nottingham 1987 was pretty special, seeing Slayer at club gig level, definitely the most violent show I have ever been too as well. Meeting them all beforehand was great too Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Slayer - Rock City Nottingham 1987 was pretty special, seeing Slayer at club gig level, definitely the most violent show I have ever been too as well. Meeting them all beforehand was great too Very Happy 

See, I hear about this, and waves of depression just smack me in the gut. I was just born way to f*cking late...Sad 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Im not a fan of live music.. I would prefer the bands to play their record over the PA System and just act like they are playing it ahahah!!!

But as far as best concert, I would say Alter Bridge. Lil venue with a huge sound.. Loudest concert Ive ever been to as well... Couldnt hear for days...

Halestorm also has a ton of energy and I rly enjoyed them live.. Seen soo many bands live at Ozzfest, Uproar, and Carnival of Madness..

Chevelle were probably the worst I seen cuz their sound was too loud and bassy and was just intolerable.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:55 pm

I'd say the worst concert I've ever been to was Megadeth and Slayer. It wasn't the performance at all, it was the venue. The Izod in New Jersey is a horrible place for a metal show. The sound quality was just horrible for the whole show.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:10 pm

RAIDwarden wrote:
I'd say the worst concert I've ever been to was Megadeth and Slayer. It wasn't the performance at all,  it was the venue. The Izod in New Jersey is a horrible place for a metal show. The sound quality was just horrible for the whole show.

I live in NJ and I dont travel too far for a concert so if it's not within like an hr or so away, Im not going.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Rolling Stones at Giants Stadium circa 1994; the Voodoo Lounge tour.

I never expected The Stones to have giant inflatable monsters that shot laser beams from their eyes but that's what we got.  I don't think that show will ever be topped.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

RAIDwarden wrote:
I'd say the worst concert I've ever been to was Megadeth and Slayer. It wasn't the performance at all,  it was the venue. The Izod in New Jersey is a horrible place for a metal show. The sound quality was just horrible for the whole show.

I pretty much avoid the big bands now as they always play the NIA Arena (Birmingham), a big horrible shed with awful atmosphere, crappy acoustics and overbearing security. Not my idea of a good night out!
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:40 am

Boris2008 wrote:
RAIDwarden wrote:

I pretty much avoid the big bands now as they always play the NIA Arena, a big horrible shed with awful security, crappy acoustics and overbearing security. Not my idea of a good night out!

EXAAACTLY!! You nailed it. That's exactly how it was.
Back to top Go down
websterdamas
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm

1. DREAM THEATER * They have no equal in Melodic Progressive Metal
2. RUSH - Snakes and Arrows Tour
3. JUDAS PRIEST- TURBO TOUR
4. JOE BONAMASSA- OH YEA! I said it!
5. GOTTHARD -LIPSERVICE TOUR in Germany
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:10 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I would prefer the bands to play their record over the PA System and just act like they are playing it ahahah!!!  

and the Completely Clueless Post Of The Day goes to....

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Worst concert I've been to, other than Spirit West Coast angry is the first Gigantour run here in Fresno. Selland Arena is a horrible venue and everything sounded like ass, although for whatever reason Dream Theater pulled it off nicely. Nevermore looked great but I couldn't even make out what they were playing. Fear Factory was too loud and chaotic. Symphony X was turned too loud. Megadeth was strange because Dave didn't sing?! He later on said that he had a bad cold, but yeah they were basically all instrumentals. Add to that they had to shut down prematurely because curfew had approached...just a lame experience altogether. If I'm not mistaken it was the first concert of the tour, so perhaps that's why it was so glitchy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best concert you've ever been to?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next