Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best concert you've ever been to?

Go down 
+26
tul
Gilbert
jstate
Wayne
trock67
SAHB Healer
Alex Dee Rokket
CRIMSONMASK
iamrockerfun
metalken
MoonChild
manny
BearOnUnicycle
jettafiend
Leatherface
corplhicks
Lurideath
brokentulsa
Boris2008
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
bgsully
bass63
RAIDwarden
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

Best concert you've ever been to? Empty
PostSubject: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I've been to a ton of epic metal shows before. The one show that stands out the most, however, would have to be the Masters of Metal show with Testament, Motorhead, Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell), and Judas Priest. Two hours of Black Sabbath and then two more hours of Priest was just incredible. Everyone played on their A game.

Zero complaints. Everything was perfect. Every word, every note, every beat.

A close second place would be Lauren Harris, Trivium, and Iron Maiden at the Somewhere Back in Time tour. This is 2nd place only because the show in it's entirety wasn't as good as the Masters of Metal (Lauren Harris was bad and I wasn't a fan of Trivium back then) but Iron Maiden was SOOOOOOO PERFECT. Every song was played FLAWLESSLY. It was by far the best performance by any band I've ever seen. Trivium only played at that show also. Unfortunately I'm a huge fan of them now, but wasn't when I saw them.

Anywho, what's your favorite concert?
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Iron Maiden, Dio & Motorhead Fiddlers Green Ampitheater Denver Colo. 8-20-2003. The day before my 40th birthday. Very kick ass show.
2nd would have to be Kiss in Cheyenne Wyo in July of 2010.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 pm

The Crucified reunion show at Cornerstone festival (2009, I think). an adrenalin pumper for sure! headbanger \'arry \'eadbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:14 pm

So hard to say. King's X and Galactic Cowboys was one heck of a good time.
Queensryche on the Empire tour was pretty stellar.
Overkill put on a killer show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Savatage and Trouble, Fall of 1990, Brooklyn, NY on Savatage's Gutter Ballet tour. Both bands were at their peak. (Comic Book Guy voice) BEST. SHOW. EVER.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Kiss Reunion Show in 1996 in Cincinnati.  I never thought I would see Kiss in makeup with the original members.  It was surreal to see the '77 stage show and I was right next to the stage.  Incredible. I managed to snag one of Paul's picks too.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Hard to list a best show, since I have been to a lot of gigs. Some of my favorites have been:

Iron Maiden - Hard to list an absolute favorite Maiden gig, but Mexico City 2009 was nuts - stadium show! Other great Maiden gigs include Nottingham 2011 (very small arena!), Madison Square Garden 2010 (dead center on the barrier), San Antonio 2012 (watched from the mixing desk - my avatar is from after the gig at an irish pub)

KISS 1996 Reunion Tour (Hampton, VA) - great show, best KISS concert I have ever seen.

Queensryche - Building Empires Tour (Norfolk, VA, 91 I think) - Arena tour, all of O:MC, Non-Douchy Geoff Tate = killer show!

Megadeth/Testament - (Norfolk, VA - 91 I think) - RIP and Practice What You Preach tour. The Boathouse in Norfolk, VA.... doesn't get much better for trash!!!!

Stryper - 1988, Washington, DC - My first concert ever... To Hell With The Devil tour \m/ In God We Trust tour was awesome too - in an arena and my first show on the barrier (and dead center)

So many other I could list.....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:20 pm

RAIDwarden wrote:
I've been to a ton of epic metal shows before. The one show that stands out the most, however, would have to be the Masters of Metal show with Testament, Motorhead, Black Sabbath (Heaven and Hell), and Judas Priest. Two hours of Black Sabbath and then two more hours of Priest was just incredible. Everyone played on their A game.

Zero complaints. Everything was perfect. Every word, every note, every beat.

Anywho, what's your favorite concert?

Metal masters was a great show - Heaven & Hell should have closed the show - they blew Priest off the stage!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Metallica Birmingham 20th Sept 1986, Anthrax supporting. Both bands at the very top of their game. Brian Tatler joined Metallica for Am I Evil! I had just turned 15 and this was supposed to be my first ever gig, then we won free tickets to Donington 86, so it became my second.

Sadly only 7 days before the accident
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Pantera...1980something at a fort worth club called Saveys. They were still glam and incredible.

Krokus, ...headhunter tour in Amarillo Texas. Accept was with them supporting Metal Heart and coney hatch opened.

Scorpions And Tesla..2005...Saint Louis Missouri...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Stryper - 1988, Washington, DC - My first concert ever... To Hell With The Devil tour \m/ In God We Trust tour was awesome too - in an arena and my first show on the barrier (and dead center)

I saw that gig at the Warner Theater on the THWTD tour.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Black Sabbath reunion tour in San Jose CA. Pantera and Incubus opened and I didn't give a shit because they both SUCKED... but Sabbath RULED! They were perfect and just super damn heavy!

Sepultura/Obituary/Sadus in El Paso in 1991. Off the hook!!!!

Dio/Megadeth/Savatage March 1988 in Los Angeles.

Morbid Angel/At the Gates/Dissection at the Trocadero in San Francisco 1996.

Monsters of Rock with Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken and Kingdom Come in June 1988.

Campaign for Musical Destruction tour with Napalm Death/Carcass/Cathedral and Brutal Truth 1992 in LA.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Geoff Tate at a local coffee shop. What a wild night,
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Metallica in 1993 in Lexington, Kentucky at Rupp Arena.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:15 am

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I saw that gig at the Warner Theater on the THWTD tour.

Awesome!!! Was a great show! Hurricane opened
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:22 am

The Dropkick Murphys 2010 Bend OR.
The Vandals/Flogging Molly 2007 Portland, OR
Social Distortion 2008 Portland OR
Social Disttortion 2012 Bend OR
Whitecross Bend OR 1995
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:20 am

Fates Warning in a small club. March 25, 2012. On my birthday!11
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:47 am

jettafiend wrote:

The Vandals/Flogging Molly 2007

Jealous! Cool 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:58 am

VH in 07, before Eddie started grabbing the bottle again and going haywire. Save Mart Center here in Fresno. I went in with low expectations and was blown away at the energy onstage, plus the setlist was perfect. Since I had never seen them before, it was a treat.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 am

Seen so many shows but the ones that stand out are:

Deep Purple- Perfect Strangers tour 1985 with Giuffria opening, I was so excited, I still remember them opening with 'Highway Star' (of course)

The Rolling Stones w/Living Colour live- Just an incredible show, this was on Steel Wheels 89

Alice Cooper- anytime I have seen him, incredible!! But probably 1986 because I was 16 and this was the first time I had seen him perform, this was when Kane Roberts was in the band

Sex Pistols- At some hipster festival, in 1997. Never thought I would get to see them, so I travelled with a friend to another state, and they kicked ass, and were hilarious

many many more
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:25 am

manny wrote:
Seen so many shows but the ones that stand out are:

Deep Purple- Perfect Strangers tour 1985 with Giuffria opening, I was so excited, I still remember them opening with 'Highway Star' (of course)

The Rolling Stones w/Living Colour live- Just an incredible show, this was on Steel Wheels 89

Alice Cooper- anytime I have seen him, incredible!! But probably 1986 because I was 16 and this was the first time I had seen him perform, this was when Kane Roberts was in the band

Sex Pistols- At some hipster festival, in 1997. Never thought I would get to see them, so I travelled with a friend to another state, and they kicked ass, and were hilarious

many many more

HipsterFest 97? LOL!!!! Travel to shows is a blast.

Alice does put on a killer show - glad I got to see him last year! (And Orianthi shreds)

Would have loved to see that lineup of Deep Purple live......
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Hard to list a best show, since I have been to a lot of gigs. Some of my favorites have been:

Iron Maiden - Hard to list an absolute favorite Maiden gig, but Mexico City 2009 was nuts - stadium show! Other great Maiden gigs include Nottingham 2011 (very small arena!), Madison Square Garden 2010 (dead center on the barrier), San Antonio 2012 (watched from the mixing desk -  my avatar is from after the gig at an irish pub)
I am extremely jealous of you meeting them. Iron Maiden has been my favorite band for as long as I could remember. I'd feel like a girl meeting Justin Bieber if I met Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Pantera...1980something at a fort worth club called Saveys. They were still glam and incredible.

Krokus, ...headhunter tour in Amarillo Texas. Accept was with them supporting Metal Heart and coney hatch opened.

Scorpions And Tesla..2005...Saint Louis Missouri...

PANTERA??!!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was old enough to have been to a Pantera concert. Dime is the reason why I picked up a guitar for the first time back in '02. They're the first metal band I was a fan of and now I'm a straight-up metalhead because of them.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 am

Edfest, Iron Maiden - Bangalore, India March 2007
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am

Van Halen - Fair Warning Tour 1981
Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Girlschool - 1982
Iron Maiden - Somewhere On Tour - 2007
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance - 1982
Metallica, Metal Church - 1986
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best concert you've ever been to?   Best concert you've ever been to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best concert you've ever been to?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next