Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headbanging

Go down 
+25
Thrasher73
jettafiend
DevZor
Dark Horseman
GrandNational
allthingsmetal
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
MetalRob331
Witchfinder
mc666
bgsully
bass63
exact33
Alex Dee Rokket
MetallicSeminarian
journeyman
Wurthless
Boris2008
tohostudios
corplhicks
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you a headbanger?
Yes
Headbanging Vote_lcap44%Headbanging Vote_rcap
 44% [ 17 ]
No
Headbanging Vote_lcap56%Headbanging Vote_rcap
 56% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Random curiosity. I do, but only when my hair is grown out. Feels funny/kinda hurts more with short hair.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

I voted no.

Most of the music I like falls into the glam/sleaze territory and I don't think that kind of music qualifies as "metal" to most people here.

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:05 pm

I did when I was a teenager...and that was a LONG time ago.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Used to be, but despite having long hair i feel that I've probably done enough damage to my brain! insane

Occasionally I will involuntarily burst into spontaneous headbanging if something so moves me (like Age of Taurus headbanger ) but it usually only lasts for about three seconds before I think better of it! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 pm

I voted yes; I headbang even with my short hair, haha.

I don't really identify as a metalhead though. I listen to too broad a spectrum of music to just pigeonhole myself into any one genre's fan-base.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I listen to too broad a spectrum of music to just pigeonhole myself into any one genre's fan-base.

This is me exactly.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 pm

When I was a teen, long time ago.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 pm

I voted no, simply because it's extremely rare that I do.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Never really been much of a headbanger. Always more of an air-drummer / air-guitarist (usually switching between the two during a song).

I always liked the way KK and Tipton moved on stage with their guitars. I'm not sure their move has a name, but it's that synchronized back-n-forth movement from their hip... it looks really cool when you see it on stage.

Also the Steve Harris, one foot on the amp while playing the bass is another favorite of mine to emulate when listening to Maiden.

I never had long hair - I tried growing it out a few times but it didn't suit me at all. So I could never really headbang properly without giving myself a whiplash.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
I listen to too broad a spectrum of music to just pigeonhole myself into any one genre's fan-base.

This is me exactly.

same here. Plus I am not sure what the term 'headbanger' really means.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Well the first time I heard the term headbanger and actually saw headbanging was (probably like everyone else round my generation) Metallica's One. Up until hearing Metallica's One, that being also the first time I heard Metallica, my knowledge was limited to the popular bands MTV chose to term 'metal' and none of those bands headbanged or looked like Metallica did in the late 80s.

While all the bands MTV showed (from KISS to Van Halen to GNR to Motley Crue to Europe to Poison to Aerosmith and the like) they all had long hair but they all looked very stylised and they didn't move anything like Metallica did.

I know this sounds kinda dated now but at the time, that was what I knew of 'heavy metal'. Of all the band pre-Metallica bands I knew of, Iron Maiden were probably the heaviest I had heard and again they didn't really headbang either.

Seeing Metallica for the first time on the One video, the mid-section of that song where it goes heavier and faster all of a sudden is where I first saw what the 'heavier' stuff sounded like and looked like. I was blown away by the sheer ferocity of that section and how they just lose it headbanging to all those riffs.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I say no. Is there music that I listen that gives the chance to be a headbanger? Yes. But that's not what I'm about.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Well the first time I heard the term headbanger and actually saw headbanging was (probably like everyone else round my generation) Metallica's One. Up until hearing Metallica's One, that being also the first time I heard Metallica, my knowledge was limited to the popular bands MTV chose to term 'metal' and none of those bands headbanged or looked like Metallica did in the late 80s.

While all the bands MTV showed (from KISS to Van Halen to GNR to Motley Crue to Europe to Poison to Aerosmith and the like) they all had long hair but they all looked very stylised and they didn't move anything like Metallica did.

I know this sounds kinda dated now but at the time, that was what I knew of 'heavy metal'. Of all the band pre-Metallica bands I knew of, Iron Maiden were probably the heaviest I had heard and again they didn't really headbang either.

Seeing Metallica for the first time on the One video, the mid-section of that song where it goes heavier and faster all of a sudden is where I first saw what the 'heavier' stuff sounded like and looked like. I was blown away by the sheer ferocity of that section and how they just lose it headbanging to all those riffs.

It's nearly impossible to NOT headbang on that part of "One," at least for me. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm

In the early days, it was more the fans who did the headbanging, not the bands
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 pm

I voted yes because when/where I grew up "headbanger" was just another name for "metalhead" & though I listen to other things as well; metal will allways be what drives me......not to mention...headbanging is simply how I tap my feet. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:15 pm

I have yet to hear a compelling definition of 'metalhead' either.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Quote :
Are you a headbanger?
No. I'm more of a sh*t kicker.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Thing is music moves people differently - some more on a mental level others more on a physical level.
It also depends what type of music I listen to.

As of late I've been listening more to psychedelic / prog from the 60s and 70s and that type of music doesn't make me headbang, instead it moves me more on a mental than physical level. I find this is the type of music I listen to unwind to; it helps me reflect and contemplate. It has an escapist function for me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes, I am a headbanger.  I saw and participated in headbanging long before 1988 and Metallica's One, that's for sure.

I would say I am also a compulsive horn-thrower during particularly tasty riffs and solos.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 11:58 pm

No. Just was never really my style.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Yes, I am a headbanger.  I saw and participated in headbanging long before 1988 and Metallica's One, that's for sure.

I would say I am also a compulsive horn-thrower during particularly tasty riffs and solos.

I'm more a horn-thrower than headbanger. Like f*cking Wolverine with that shit. *SLASH*.

My wife gives me funny looks. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:24 am

I'd be sure DallasBlack bangs. Dude has the hair for it. And Scott.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:35 am

I think we all went through a stage where we headbanged. I know I sure did but now I have short hair, dress casual, and just bob to the groove of music. I also do these random arm gestures when Im pumped up by a song.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 am

Till about I turned 30 I was. Now, I am afraid not much.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headbanging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbanging   Headbanging Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headbanging
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next