Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Empty
PostSubject: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Another asinine review from Chrome. I love documentaries; in fact, I'm lucky, my wife Mrs Locust loves them as well and we spend hours watching documentaries. Every once in a while a film will grab us, and it will be either for the right reasons, or the wrong. Hence I felt compelled to review Bobby Liebling's Last Days Here film.

It begins with Mr Liebling, singer of Pentagram, and only original member in 2006, in his parents basement, smoking CRACK. So f**ked up he couldn't care less that his base head antics are being filmed, the romantic beauty of Bobby going in and out of a NOD, then looking through his couch for a piece of rock he has lost. Sad, pathetic, revolting and damn right upsetting to see another human being in this state. But wait, there is more, Mr Liebling shows to the camera destroyed arms, torn apart by nicotine stained nails, for imaginary parasites. This ladies and gentlemen is the INTRO into the fall and so-called rise of Bobby Liebling as seen through his number one fan turned (Bobby's manager) film maker who basically invested his soul into this sad wretch as he loved the Pentagram music so much. This is 10 minutes in, and already my wife and I are of the opinion that Liebling is a w**ker, so caught up in himself he can't see the damage he does to anything that comes into contact with him.  This includes his co-dependent parents, his father claiming to have spent one million dollars on crack/heroin for Bobby, to stop him from mugging people to get the money for his addictions. How on earth did his idiot father get this sort of money together, you ask? Well, here's the thing, Mr Liebling senior was right hand man to Henry Kissinger. He was also on the front of "Time" magazine. How they indulged this wretch at the cost of having to live a less (to be kind) luxurious lifestyle for their 56 year old son, at the time in 2006.  Their house was a f**kin' shitbox as all available monies went to Bobby's drugs. I hated the little c**t TBH. The film shows Bobby basically blowing every chance he ever got from the 70s onwards and it answers the questions why Pentagram never got that elusive record deal. He blew it for original members who were interviewed during this film. Finally this repugnant individual holds it together long enough to crawl on to the stage in 2011 and actually last a full set - bringing forth this imaginary new PENTAGRAM are back illusion. Its not ANVIL, the character is not likable, or funny, you see how many he has let down and will relapse any day. Worse, he has fathered a child.

This film should be shown in schools to children. I mean that. It is utterly shocking looking at a toothless base head whining about his crack addiction not being his fault while a bloodied heroin needle is sitting on the table. If this doesn't put kids off scum hard drugs, nothing ever will.  

I wish I could focus on the music, but there was sweet F all in the movie.

Chrome Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. 754598 Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. 754598
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Not quite how I saw it, but we're all entitled to our opinions I suppose.

I did think that a good title would have been 'What happens when you live fast, but don't die young!'

There were parts in it that were truly pathetic (including some of Bobby's behaviour) but I do think that the story was mostly positive and even the ups and downs of him attempting to get clean are pretty typical of someone who is attempting to get their life together.

I read a recent interview with him and he seems happy and doing well. Not everyone who has made poor choices and fallen into addiction is doomed to die that way. Not everyone relapses.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Not quite how I saw it, but we're all entitled to our opinions I suppose.

I did think that a good title would have been 'What happens when you live fast, but don't die young!'

There were parts in it that were truly pathetic (including some of Bobby's behaviour) but I do think that the story was mostly positive and even the ups and downs of him attempting to get clean are pretty typical of someone who is attempting to get their life together.

I read a recent interview with him and he seems happy and doing well. Not everyone who has made poor choices and fallen into addiction is doomed to die that way. Not everyone relapses.

True, friend - but you can see, he is one step away from relapsing. I found him utterly repugnant, selfish beyond words, and only kept alive by the love of others - no responsibility for his own life. I honestly could not see the feel good vibe to that film. Unlike Anvil, which was so tragically funny, it was beyond Spinal Tap - and at worst all that was going to happen to the two dudes was they'd have to stick to their day jobs; unlike Liebling, who said, post film, he only allowed himself to filmed was because he thought he was on the way out and couldn't care less. Yeah, cool: he might be able to milk a redemption story out of his wastefulness; but what about his parents? What lost years will they get back? They sacrificed everything for that loser out of duty. That's just my opinion, brother. Anyhoo, its one of the films that I thought I'd do one of my woeful reviews of as it really annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 pm

I don't really disagree with you on the guy's attitude, it's just that I have good friends that are superb people now who displayed exactly that kind of crappy self obsessed behaviour while married to the pipe or the needle, if Bobby is still like that now, I would have to agree with you, but the fact that he has stayed clean for a number of years, held down a relationship, embraced parenthood and fronted a functioning band would suggest massive leaps forward for the guy.

As for his poor parents, I have never seen such a pair of enabling ninnies as those two (although I'm sure that they were acting out of love, but still, sheesh!!), frankly no wonder he ended up a 56 year old man baby!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I don't really disagree with you on the guy's attitude, it's just that I have good friends that are superb people now who displayed exactly that kind of crappy self obsessed behaviour while married to the pipe or the needle, if Bobby is still like that now, I would have to agree with you, but the fact that he has stayed clean for a number of years, held down a relationship, embraced parenthood and fronted a functioning band would suggest massive leaps forward for the guy.

As for his poor parents, I have never seen such a pair of enabling ninnies as those two (although I'm sure that they were acting out of love, but still, sheesh!!), frankly no wonder he ended up a 56 year old man baby!

And brother, I totally agree with you - If you look when I mentioned the doc in my awful review I mentioned co - dependency. Complete idiots, but still. . .
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:08 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/f7-the-hurting-words

FYI: There is a forum for reviews here.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/f7-the-hurting-words

FYI: There is a forum for reviews here.

Not for my reviews, matey. Laters Chrome Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. 438278 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.   Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Days Here - PENTAGRAM (more so, Bobby "junkie" Liebling film.
Page 1 of 1