Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)

Go down 
+8
A Handful of Wayne
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
bgsully
MoonChild
Boris2008
80s Metal Lady
BillRoxx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:24 pm

I cant stand when a band (or label) releases a CD or vinyl product and does NOT reference the year the album was released. I log everything by release date, label, artist and title. It is truly annoying to me when someone does not put the year released on there titles. My rant is over, please return to your regularly scheduled programs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:01 am

I've run across those and end up having to look up the dates online.  Sometimes, if the band is obscure, dates are hard to find. 

I like to have the release year on my mp3s and, even if it is from a CD that came out later, I want the original release year on it, not the year of the CD reissue.  I'll change the dates on my Amazon downloads.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 am

I hate it when bands DO put release dates on records, some of them make me realize just how old I am!lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I hate it when bands DO put release dates on records, some of them make me realize just how old I am!lol!
Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) 647664
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:22 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I've run across those and end up having to look up the dates online.  Sometimes, if the band is obscure, dates are hard to find. 

I like to have the release year on my mp3s and, even if it is from a CD that came out later, I want the original release year on it, not the year of the CD reissue.  I'll change the dates on my Amazon downloads.

Wow, Glad I'm not the only one who does this! Lol
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 am

bgsully wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:

Wow, Glad I'm not the only one who does this! Lol

Here's another one. Cool
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 am

I like to know the original release year for organizing them on the shelf.

As far as iTunes/Amazon mp3s go...well, I could care less if that info is in there or not. I just need artist/album/song title. And preferable capitalized. And please, have the song titles correct. That annoys me. I bought Viking's Man of Straw from iTunes a couple years ago, and the song titles and actual songs are all jumbled up.

But as far as the date being listed on the actual CD, it doesn't really bother me if it's not. If I don't already know the release order for an artist, I'll just google it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 pm

It bothers me as well too but I don't think I have that many without it. If I don't I just look it up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I hate that. And even worse when the dates on the cd does not match the date on the trey card or booklet!

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 am

What I want to know is always:

1. release year of album
2. release year of CD (like if it's a reissue)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 am

My problem is that the dates on the cd cases are in too small print for me to read anymore. Usually I look for it and realize I don't care enough to go find the magnifying glass!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 am

I honestly don't care. If the music kicks bootay, it could be from 1656 or ten minutes ago, I'm really not fussed.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 pm

My personal obsession with dates and such has more to do with my love for music history (i.e. where did said music come from, who was playing it first, who were thier influences, etc.), and dates help me decipher all that. Then there's my OCD-ness with music organization. haha
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Before the internet it did, I always shelved my music by order of release
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)   Is it just me? (Release Years on CD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me? (Release Years on CD)
Page 1 of 1