Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Empty
PostSubject: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Deck is now available:

About 9" by 32.5" with 14.5 " wheelbase, Pennswood's WK shape.

13 left up for grabs. In the US, $50 shipped. PM me if interested, or email infestedskates@gmail.com, or paypal to infestedskates@gmail.com. It can also be ordered through the website: www.infestedskates.com

Outside the US, $40 plus exact shipping. PM or email me if interested.

Wood by Pennswood; art by Jason Miller (www.truetilldeath.net)

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Infestedcollage_zps0e3fd953

Last edited by ZombieHavoc on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm

I was possessed to skate once. Once.

Good luck with the company. Wink

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks.

And it doesn't get any better than that song and video.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:51 am

I have some questions.
-what size boards do you offer?
-how heavy are they?
-what material?
-how many layers thick is the ply?

I love skateboarding and would love a deck like that! Also, will they be colored or just black and white? Black and white looks awesome, but I'd love to see a colored version.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

RAIDwarden wrote:
I have some questions.
-what size boards do you offer?
-how heavy are they?
-what material?
-how many layers thick is the ply?

I love skateboarding and would love a deck like that! Also, will they be colored or just black and white? Black and white looks awesome, but I'd love to see a colored version.

Hey, man, thanks for the interest. Our first deck is not actually out yet...I will be sending everything to the deck manufacturer next week to start making this first design.

Ok, for some answers....

1) I am still in discussion with the production company, trying to nail down a size (and shape). I love skating both the standard current popsicle shapes as well as the more creatively shaped decks of the 80s/early 90s. But I am wanting to do some shaped decks. (included a picture of what shapes I am looking at, though nothing is solid yet). However, if the shape price is too high, for the first deck I will be doing a standard popsicle shape, 8.5x22.

2) The weight will depend on the shape I ended up doing...I have a couple decks the company has produced though, and they are excellent, which is why I chose to go through them.

3) I cut this from the manufacturer's website (http://pennswoodmfg.com/Home.htm):
[*]"We use 100% North American Hard Rock Maple with skate specific glue.

[*]We use high quality hydraulic presses to ensure proper pressing with no delams.

[*]Boards are drilled and cut using CNC machines.

[*]Numerous steps in hand sanding techniques with careful inspections throughout.

[*]Superb screen-printing from tip to tail."

4) The decks will be 7 ply

And the final decks will not be b&w. I attached a mock up of shapes I'm considering, along with what will be close to the colorway.

So yeah, thanks for the interest, and I will be posting here for sure when the final decks are ready for ordering. There's also a FB page at www.facebook.com/infestedskates

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Shapesgreen
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:34 pm

I liked the facebook page! I believe I will be ordering one of these bad boys when they are ready!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:42 pm

RAIDwarden wrote:
I liked the facebook page! I believe I will be ordering one of these bad boys when they are ready!

Thanks! Hopefully I will have a more precise ETA release date here soon.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:38 pm

The first deck is being pressed as we speak, and should be coming to me in a week/week and a half.
Back to top Go down
Toxichighway
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Those are cool man! Personally, I have no interest in skateboaring whatsoever, but I always have to give some mad props to people that start their own businesses. Takes a lot of money, drive, and determination to do things like that, so I really hope it succeeds.

And even though I'm not into 'boarding, I do love me some horror movies, so I can definitely respect the artwork and designs. Good work man!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

The deck is now available:

About 9" by 32.5" with 14.5 " wheelbase, Pennswood's WK shape.

13 left up for grabs. In the US, $50 shipped. PM me if interested, or email infestedskates@gmail.com, or paypal to infestedskates@gmail.com.

Outside the US, $40 plus exact shipping. PM or email me if interested.

Wood by Pennswood; art by Jason Miller (www.truetilldeath.net)

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Infestedcollage_zps0e3fd953
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 am

The deck is now up on the website for order, for those in the US:

www.infestedskates.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates   My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new horror-themed skateboard deck company: Infested Skates
Page 1 of 1