Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)

Go down 
+27
MoonChild
MetallicSeminarian
exact33
Dark Horseman
adrian
metalinmyveins
SpectreFate
Lurideath
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Wurthless
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
EmoElmo
SideShowDisaSter
Leatherface
Troublezone
Gilbert
DallasBlack
jettafiend
mc666
stormspell
corplhicks
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Feel the Fire
Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
Taking Over
Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 15 ]
Under the Influence
Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
The Years of Decay
Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Horrorscope
Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I can't vote but I would say Feel the Fire!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I can't vote but I would say Feel the Fire!

Convicted felon? Wink
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Even though "Taking Over" was my first Overkill album right after it came out, I have to go with "Under the Influence".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:07 pm

No i am on my iPhone and it won't let me vote.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Taking Over was my first Overkill album and still by far my favorite. My second choice would be Under the Influence or Years of Decay, I really can't decide which I prefer
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Lurideath wrote:
No i am on my iPhone and it won't let me vote.

It's cool there's three days left.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Horrorscope as I love the groove they added.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Under the Influence for me. What a cranking album!!

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:07 pm

I voted Years of Decay. But how can you go wrong with any Overkill? headbanger
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Yeah I voted Taking Over, and it looks like a winner.

For me, Feel the Fire, Under the Influence, and Years of Decay each have at least one song worth skipping. Yet every song on Taking Over is huge and has the most traditional metal leanings. It's just too damn powerful to say no to.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Yeah I voted Taking Over, and it looks like a winner.

For me, Feel the Fire, Under the Influence, and Years of Decay each have at least one song worth skipping. Yet every song on Taking Over is huge and has the most traditional metal leanings. It's just too damn powerful to say no to.

I can safely say I love every song on Years of Decay. Even the ones that didn't impress me immediately I have come to adore.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm

It's all good. You can't go wrong with any Overkill.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Taking Over for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Well one of the mods should put a vote in for me! Haha I'll only have access from my phone for the next 6 days
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well one of the mods should put a vote in for me! Haha I'll only have access from my phone for the next 6 days

They should, but only if you vote for the years of decay just kidding
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Now I feel bad for making it shorter. K new rule; when this poll is over Lurideath's vote for Feel the Fire will be taken into consideration.
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Horrorscope as I love the groove they added.

Yep. This got my vote, too.

It looks like they're coming to here to Denver with Kreator in November. I'm thinking that's one show I'll have to go to.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Taking Over has always been my favorite Overkill album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Guess I need to get Taking Over.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Unless there's 7 more members around here that prefer Horrorscope, we're gonna have to declare Taking Over winner by a landslide! Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 754598
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:28 pm

I picked Years of Decay, as it has my favourite 3 tracks; Elimination, Playing With Spiders/Skullcrusher and Who Tends The Fire.

Tough choice though, as I love Overkill. I have all their official releases.

In regards to the other Overkill releases, I'd go with either Ironbound or the The Electric Age.

Overall? I'd still go with YOD. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Grimmo wrote:
I picked Years of Decay, as it has my favourite 3 tracks; Elimination, Playing With Spiders/Skullcrusher and Who Tends The Fire.

Tough choice though, as I love Overkill. I have all their official releases.

In regards to the other Overkill releases, I'd go with either Ironbound or the The Electric Age.

Overall? I'd still go with YOD. headbanger
Evil Never Dies is my favorite Overkill song.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Title track from YOD is the best "thrash ballad" ever written and always give me goosebumps, especially live.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:27 pm

All those albums are amazing but The Years of Decay holds a very special place for me. It was the first Overkill album I heard. It was my introduction to the band and it is an album that always excited me, from the moment I pushed play the songs were full of energy, I also loved the doomier parts. It is the most well rounded album by these guys even if it may be their 'better' known release.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:27 pm

All of these albums are excellent, so they are all technically "winners" in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Overkill Album (First Era)   Greatest Overkill Album (First Era) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: