Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sylosis - What next?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

Sylosis - What next? Empty
PostSubject: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:41 pm

I really like their Edge of the Earth album, which I ordered last night and should be in the mail later this month. How does their other stuff compare to Edge of the Earth?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm

I've not heard Edge Of The Earth, but Monolith (their latest) is an amazing album, IMO! Some tracks thrash fast and violent, some are crushing mid-paced numbers, and some have a cool melodic/progressive vibe.

I'm working my way backwards through their discography, so I don't know how Monolith stacks up against the rest of their work.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:51 am

I'm a big fan of these guys. If you enjoy the latest stuff, I suspect you'll dig everything else. Their first two EPs are bit rawer, a bit more metalcore, but they're not very different from what they're doing now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:50 pm

I received Edge of the Earth in the mail today!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 pm

I ordered Monolith in the mail earlier this month. It should be in the mail very soon!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Been diggin' on Monolith over the past week. Music is killer. As stated, some fast and violent thrash, some crushing mid-paced numbers, and some melodic and progressive passages. Thrash metal with a modern edge. If this band had a singer, they could rule the world. Their current screamer is ok, but I think it's the weakest point of the CD. Those tough-guy Randy Blythe/Phil Anselmo-style vocals just get old after a while, but then again that seems to be what most popular metal bands are going for at the moment.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 pm

I am glad you liked the CD either way, Scott.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Killer band and I agree. If they had a better singer, they'd be that much better. Musically these guys are top notch.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:35 pm

I think the vocalist is perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 5:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think the vocalist is perfectly fine.

Yes, he's ok. He's just not unique or charismatic. He doesn't bring anything special to the band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 11:26 am

They have a new album on the way, and have a video for the lead single:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sylosis - What next?   Sylosis - What next? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sylosis - What next?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: