Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAULDRON BORN news

Go down 
+14
Wargod
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
mc666
chewie
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks for the support guys!

The "EP" probably is full-length when it comes down to it. The songs I tracked were pretty long and there were 4 older demos with different singers at the end of it too so I bet the whole thing is 45 minutes or more.

Yes, Andre' Corbin has said he will play solos on our upcoming album. We're very honored to work with him. I am still working on tracking rhythms now but it's hard with two little babies running around the house that need my time. We also are planning on having another amazing "name" guitarist soling on there as well but I'm not ready to announce that one yet.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 am

stormspell wrote:
I'm hoping to have some copies soon. It bums me to see an EP CD sold for 12,00€ ($16.50!) or even $18.00 on eGay...

Plus 7 euro shipping from Germany to Holland. Autsch. Wish I could get this as a legal download.

That said, I'll end up ordering this sooner or later. Absolutely LOVE Cauldron Born, and with a song called Crom, Count the Dead there's no way in hell this could suck.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:18 am

Woot, just was yakking with Howie via facebook chat and bought myself a copy.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 am

Got a copy on the way as well - all the way from sunny Greece. Hurrah!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:02 am

Please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:14 am

Apparently Howie has copies now for sale and will be sending me one soon!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:24 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Please let me know what you think!

Will do! Pretty curious how the Heavy Load cover sounds. Singing Swords is one of my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:27 pm

I've ordered a copy from Howie too. The Greek label never returned e-mails for some reason...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 pm

I personally love what we did with the HEAVY LOAD song. I like it a lot more than the original. Great songwriting and cool lyrics!

Still waiting to get my copy ....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Do you have contact info for Howie?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Nevermind. Found him on Facebook. Thanks.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Looking forward to it

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Mine came in the mail today! ALRIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:04 am

Got mine when I came back from vacation two days ago. Really digging it so far. Your vocals on Crom, Count the Dead took some getting used to Jim (kinda King Diamond-ish - not really what I was expecting Razz), but it's good nevertheless. The songs also sound a bit less technical than the older stuff, but it's still awesome, crunchy US power metal. The Heavy Load cover is pretty cool. Loving the demo songs as well - I might actually prefer these versions to the ones on Born of the Cauldron. The Final Incantation/In the Dreaming City might just be my favorite CB song.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:58 pm

My copy was in the mailbox this morning.
I'm off work today, but I need to attend a funeral this afternoon and it is also my youngest's tenth birthday and we are having a party this evening. Will listen soon though... Smile 
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know what you think guys.

I thought "Crom" was really technical.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 am

No problem, just makes sure Howie records a new Cauldron Born album soon! Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Did anyone else get a copy of it? What did you think? I think they only pressed 500. Not sure if they are sold out yet, but I heard they were close.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:55 am

Not to derail this thread but any updates on the new Temple of Blood?Still looking forward to that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:41 am

Born of the Cauldron needs another repress.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am

Painkiller wrote:
Born of the Cauldron needs another repress.

That would be cool. It was repressed a few years ago though with a bonus track.

I think "And Rome Shall Fall" DESPERATELY needs a repress. You can't find it anywhere and my copy is now skipping.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Not to derail this thread but any updates on the new Temple of Blood?Still looking forward to that!

Thanks a lot!

Right now the hold up is getting rhythm guitars recorded. I have 3 done out of 8. I have two little kids so that takes most of my time. The music time I have right now has been spent rehearsing with our new lineup, which I am VERY excited about although they won't be featured on the new album.

I should write an article someday about all the hold ups in getting this album recorded. The vast majority of the writing was completed in 2011.

I really think people will like the new disc though. It's our best material and will have our best vocals too. Singing for bands like CAULDRON BORN has really helped strengthen my voice.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 1:24 am

Cool man,thanks for the update. I certainly understand that family comes first.Kids grow up too fast,enjoy all the time you can with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAULDRON BORN news   CAULDRON BORN news - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAULDRON BORN news
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2