Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sirenia

Go down 
+2
Orion Crystal Ice
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:20 am

One of my favorite female-fronted bands have a new album coming out. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote :
Norwegian/Spanish symphonic gothic metallers SIRENIA will release their sixth studio album, "Perils Of The Deep Blue", on June 28 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Comments SIRENIA vocalist and guitarist Morten Veland: "The entire band and all the people we are working with are absolutely ecstatic about it! This album takes SIRENIA to the next level and brings many new sides of us to the table. There's typical tried-and-tested SIRENIA stuff but also approaches that you've never heard from us before. I think I've never felt so good about an album throughout my entire career. I mean, I love them all, but this one is something special. It's the result of two and a half years of blood, sweat and tears. I've literally put my heart and soul into this record, so I am very curious to see what our fans as well as the press will think about it!"

"Perils Of The Deep Blue" was produced by the SIRENIA mastermind himself, while the mixing and mastering was handled by Endre Kirkesola at Dub Studios in Oslo.

"The writing process has been going on for about two years," states Veland. "I always have ideas for new stuff, so I started writing even before we had released our previous album, 'The Enigma Of Life'. Most of it has been recorded in my own studio. I love to work there as I always feel inspired — plus we can take our time with whatever we do, for there is no time pressure. Just like for all of our previous albums, we also dropped by Sound Suite Studios in France — a great place that feels like home, too. This time we recorded the Marseille choir there that one can always hear on our records, as well as some of my acoustic guitar parts."

The album artwork was originally painted by Anne Stokes — though it wasn't intentionally created to be used as such, as Morten explains: "came across the artwork on the Internet and immediately fell in love with it for obvious reasons — it's no secret that I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology and sirens. So we got in touch with Anne and luckily she granted us the permits to use it for the record. I actually drew the inspiration for the album title, 'Perils Of The Deep Blue', from the artwork. In my opinion, it's the perfect SIRENIA cover — there was no way we could have let that opportunity slip away!"

"Perils Of The Deep Blue" track listing:

01. Ducere Me In Lucem
02. Seven Widows Weep
03. My Destiny Coming To Pass
04. Ditt Endelikt
05. Cold Caress
06. Darkling
07. Decadence
08. Stille Kom Døden
09. The Funeral March
10. Profound Scars
11. A Blizzard Is Storming

Limited-edition-digipak bonus tracks:

12. Chains
13. Blue Colleen

SIRENIA's last album, "The Enigma Of Life", was released on January 21, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Sirenia Sireniaperilscd
It'd be nice if the whole album was like the song in the video clip. I like them better when there are death growls.

headbanger

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:28 am

Great cover. I don't want 'tried and tested' Sirenia stuff though because now what that means is the same chug riff every single song. The last couple records are bottom-barrel cliche slightly gothy groove mush. I don't want to hear Lacuna Coil, and I do want to hear some leads, and more choirs, but we'll see if that happens.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:09 pm

And I like them better with no death growls.

But on second thought, I've pretty much totally forsaken this style anyway so hell, give Eyesore his death growls.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Give them to me too, the last good song they had was 'Seven Keys And Nine Doors'.

IN THE FAALLLING SEPTEMBER RAAIIIINNN
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I do dig the album cover though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Ubber sweet album cover! While I like this kind of music, it all starts to blend together. I'm more interested in Visions Of Atlantis. You have the male vocals as well as the female and there is no growl. Also the male vocalist improves with every album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:45 pm

BTW, the artist of the cover has her own deviantart page:

http://ironshod.deviantart.com/#
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Ubber sweet album cover! While I like this kind of music, it all starts to blend together. I'm more interested in Visions Of Atlantis. You have the male vocals as well as the female and there is no growl. Also the male vocalist improves with every album.
He does improve, but he's still very weak.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:13 am

Sirenia fan here, despite the growls!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Anyone pick this album up? Man, it's good. I've liked all their albums, but they did begin to follow that mainstream goth-metal path that so many other doom/death bands went down, so I get why some people haven't been huge fans of the last few.

This new album, however, is much more like At Sixes And Sevens and An Elixir For Existence. Lots of growls, choirs, etc. It might be their best yet.

headbanger

Great song, horrible video. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:16 pm

I've got it but haven't listened to it yet. I've been on a crust punk kick lately. I'm a big fan of beauty/beast vox though, so I should really should play it soon.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:43 pm

I'll give it a try. I really enjoyed Elixir, but the following stuff fell flat for me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Checking this out right now as someone has posted it on teh YouTubes..... More growls, very nice, but this mix is complete garbage, can anyone who has this verify it sounds better?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Checking this out right now as someone has posted it on teh YouTubes..... More growls, very nice, but this mix is complete garbage, can anyone who has this verify it sounds better?
I think it sounds fine, but you seem to think everything sounds like garbage, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 pm

New album coming soon!

Quote :
Norwegian/Spanish symphonic gothic metallers SIRENIA will release their new album, "The Seventh Life Path", on April 28 in North America (one day earlier internationally) via Napalm Records.

"The Seventh Life Path" track listing:

01. Seti
02. Serpent
03. Once My Light
04. Elixir
05. Sons Of The North
06. Earendel
07. Concealed Disdain
08. Insania
09. Contemptuous Quitus
10. The Silver Eye
11. Tragedienne
12. Tragica ("Tragedienne" Spanish version; bonus track)

The official video for the song "Once My Light" can be seen below.

The cover artwork was created by Gyula Havancsák of Hjules Illustration And Design, who told And Justice For Art about the experience: "I got some instructions from the band for the making of this cover artwork. They wanted the character of death standing behind a white dressed woman. My first thought was: How can I show a beautiful girl without face? How can I avoid to show a girl face? Well, I draw a white hood on her face, with crochet part in front of her eyes. This part looks like as a big eye that watches the fate of humans. She pull a life thread, but this one soul is lost. We can see this line (could be silver for example) change to disgusting muddy brown between her fingers...and this thread runs into a hourglass..., it falls down in the sand."

Regarding to the artwork's other symbols, Gyula said that SIRENIA "wanted to see some roots and tree branches on the cover and the scythe that looks as the number 7 and a mountain with a path in the background. The mountain symbolizes life, the top of the mountain is the end of life. The highest point where you can look back your whole life. This is the meaning of the flexous path... The 7 number appears as 7 ravens, 7 snakes, 7 roses on the dried out wreath..."

SIRENIA's sixth studio album, "Perils Of The Deep Blue", sold around 900 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 20 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"Perils Of The Deep Blue" entered the official German chart at position No. 50 — the band's highest German chart entry ever — and the Swiss chart at No. 43.

In 2008, SIRENIA recruited singer Ailyn (born: Pilar Giménez García) as the replacement for Monika Pedersen, who left the group a year earlier after only one album due to "musical differences."

Ailyn was best known as a former contestant on the Spanish version of "The X Factor", the biggest television talent competition in Europe.

Sirenia Sireniaseventhcd

Excellent! =)
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 10:01 am

Audo samples for The 7th Life Path album: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sirenia-audio-samples-of-entire-the-seventh-life-path-album/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Sirenia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sirenia   Sirenia Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Sounds great, as expected!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life